Chapter 12

Jay and I were out on yet another movie date, when we ran into Mira and Zack in front of the cinema. Zack looked defeated, so I'm guessing Mira already chose the other movie for them. I still decided to do some small talk.

"Hi it's good to see you! Are you on a date?"

Both looked flustered as they stuttered and jumbled their words, I just chuckled as I could see that Jay was quietly laughing behind his hand too. That's when Zack noticed our linked fingers, so he decided to tease me back.

"What about you, are you on a date?"

I blushed and froze for a second, I didn't know of Jay wanted it to be known, because Mira, as friendly and lovely as she is, would probably let it slip, thinking it's general knowledge, so the whole school would know and Jay might not want that. I was about to avoid the question when Jay raises our held hand in front of us. I turn to him confused, before I see him nodding to the question. My face burns red as I hear Zack giggling at my embarrassment while Mira loudly "Awwww"s.

We continue the conversation, agreeing to double date after our movies, Zack looked really bitter when we said we were going to watch the Rocky movie. I mean we checked the reviews and the other one seemed to have almost no story line. So we decided to change up movie genre.

...

After the movie, we met up with Zack and Mira, not discussing the movie we watched at all to not spoil it for Zack. We listened as Mira praised the hero of their movie. At the description, I turned to Jay, frowning, as I telepathically asked him what he taught of me. He smiled and simply kissed the corner of my mouth in answer. I grinned as I interlocked our fingers under the table.

In comes Mira's church friend.

Jay squeezed my hand, trying to warn me that he had bad vibes, I squeezed back to let him know I knew.

Zack put on a prince act as he introduced himself. I mean he did it pretty well, it's just that it feels weird because people don't usually do these things.

The asshole introduced himself prince-like back, which is when he finally noticed me and Jay. He lost his prince charm for a second before quickly getting back in character, trying to make himself look good in front of us.

"Ah, hi, sorry I didn't see you there, as you've heard, I'm Mira's church friend, who might you be?"

I chuckled inside, wrong move motherfucker. I stood up, looking like the most noble of all, serious and proper with a welcoming expression but without the excess friendliness he portrays, more like an aura that induces respect and admiration. I formally and politely shook him hand as I introduced myself back, making him subtly look inferior to me.

"Hello, I am Azrael, I am a friend of Mira and Zack."

He looked slightly humiliated as I spoke briefly and formally to him, making him seem like a bother to me and my friends to those watching. As I kept standing, towering over him, he seemed small and insignificant.

The dumb guy with him also seemed intimidated by my aura, feeling a chill of danger.

I sat back down, letting this play out more to give Zack and Mira a chance to develop.

I stood back and watched as they tripped Zack, holding Jay's hand tighter as his thumb rubbed circles on the back of my hand to try and calm me.

When the guy hit the kid, I watched as the kid blamed Zack, but before the mother could slap him, I made myself known.

"Are you sure?"

The kid, looking in admiration to me suddenly looked like he taught for a while before admitting he wasn't sure. So the mother, looking conflicted, did nothing. She still looked full of judgement towards Zack but at least she dropped it.