Chapter 8

The next morning, Jay, Zoe and I drove to school, with Zoe riding with me. We arrived to class and installed ourselves in our seats, but I did give Zack a juice box while passing by him. Dude had a wild night, he deserves something. We sit down and everything is calm and nice.

Yui arrives in with her face looking a bit bruised still but not too badly since we took care of it immediately. Like in the webtoon, she hands Zack a handkerchief and says easily misunderstood things. I quickly get up, go up to Mira's desk and whispers in her ear an explanation of the event. Like how Zack actually saved Yui from her now ex boyfriend hitting her. Or how before that he saved an innocent cashier from getting hit by the same dude. And how the guy had attacked first and Zack only responded when he was coming at him.

After that I could clearly see that she had a soft look in her eyes, so I walked back to my seat, whispering to Zack that he was all good and that I had his back on the way. Guy looked at me like I was an angel. I chuckled as I went back to my seat. Sitting next to Jay we just smiled at eachother before I put my head on his shoulder, linking our arm and hand together and started playing around with his fingers.

I got extremely focused on it. So I didn't notice time passing.

...

We were now back home, watching Duke's stream. Like he streams often. He's dedicated to the thing.

He looked so happy. He now had an average of 200 viewers. Of course,we kept cheering him on ourselves too.

...

The next day, we all overheard Zack asking the guy to help him out to find some shoes. So I got up, Jay following me as we were holding hands and went up to him. I asked him to show me the shoes. He did and I told him I could help him get them, but that I thought they were pretty common, and that I knew a pretty unknown store that sold great shoes, super durable and much more unique, at a reasonable price. He rejected the help to find the shoes since he had already asked the guy, but he did ask about the shoes I was talking about. I showed him the online store on my phone and he looked visibly amazed at the designs, but he said he'd think about it. He probably thought that having more common safe shoes was better to impress Mira.

So I let it go.

...

Like in the webtoon, dude came back from the meetup all beaten. Zack acted like in the webtoon and setup another meeting, getting up he and his goons plus Daniel left to go beat these guys up. I looked at Jay and Zoe and we all silently agreed together.

We started following them from afar on our bikes.

We saw them meet Vasco on the way, so after they left with him we stopped to chat with the group, we told him the full context and the details of the meetup, like the exact location and general infos on the guys they were meeting.

We soon started making our way there with them.

...

At some point we split up, letting them go to Vasco and positioning ourselves where backup would come from if they called it.

Thought we made Zoe stay by the bikes. Although she made us promise we'd teach her how to fight so she could join us in that too one day, but until then she would watch the bikes and make sure no passerby would get dragged into the mess.

Like in the webtoon, we ended up beating the shit out of the freshman backup they called.

After we were done fighting, I made sure to check on Jay for injuries. He didn't have any but his knuckles were a little bruised, so I took Zoe with me to buy bandaids for him and I. I'm also giving him time alone to smoke, he Nevers smokes with me near I've found. But I know he gets the urges still, so I've made an habit to give him some alone time when they hit and seem bad, after a little time I'll come back and bring him lollies and gum. It's not much but his smoking habits have slightly reduced. I'm thinking that with time I might be able to make him quit. It's not good for his health. But it's his choice so I can't force him, I can only encourage him into the direction I wish for.