Chapter 13

So we came into school today only to find people constantly talking about betting or straight up betting on their phones. Jay and I exchanged a look before taking Zoe to our seats. She looked uneasy too.

All of our little friend group just kept to itself, not wanting any involvement in this betting thing those common dumbasses were doing. Zack flirted and chatted with Mira as normal while Zoe was trying to convince Daniel to let her paint his nails, although Daniel was distracted by his observing of Jiho the whole time.

...

This kept on for a while until one day Jiho came to school looking dead.

He had lost everything.

Jay and I, plus Zoe, decided to leave him be, as it was his own fault. We even tried to warn him at the start discreetly but he basically made fun of us.

What happens to him is his own doing.

...

We suddenly got a call in the middle of the night from Daniel, so even if we didn't want to get involved, this is a chance to establish a connection with Koji. Zoe decided to stay at home, while I took Jay in my car to the store, so we would get less wet.

Arriving in, Koji immediately freaks out at the sight of Jay while I chuckle lightly, he then turns to me and freezes a bit, looking mildly confused in deep thoughts but moving on quickly.

We get settled in, before Zack too arrives, making the kid have a disappointed face. I kept lightly chuckling at his mannerisms.

Then at some point Koji said something about not having friends, so that's when I discreetly slipped a paper into his pocket with my number signed as friend. I think I could adopt that kid, steal him from Crystal's dad. Hehe.

As we kept doing as Koji said, I didn't question it, already knowing the outcome, so Jay, seeing me not questionning things, also didn't question it, so as everyone else looked confused and asked questions, we just did as told. Playing some intense rock paper scissors too, between breaks, Jay won that by decapitating my dragon with a table. It was brutal, the dragon's family had to hold a funeral and grieved for several decades after that.

At the end of it everything went like the webtoon, save Koji giving me glances every minute.

As he was leaving, I offered to drop him off in my car. He looked at me for a bit before accepting, being surprised when Jay followed too.

As he got in the back of my car, giving his address, he looked confused at the set up in the back. With there being a tv on the back of the front seat set up and a tablet in a child safe case. Plus the various snacks and blankets. With some fidget toys I recently got too.

"Do you have a toddler or what?"

I laughed a bit at the face he was making.

"We pseudo adopted a classmate of ours, you can take a snack if you want."

He looked weirded out at the answer but then forgot all about it as he munched on a snack, looking like a squirrel, getting distracted by the lights we were going past.

I stopped at the place he told me, bidding him goodbye as he waved like a child.

I started the car up again and drove back home.

On the way, I did turn to Jay at a stop, doing my best puppy eyes.

"Can we have kids in the future please."

He chocked on air as he went bright red, looking panicked. I just laughed a little.

"Dear, breathe please. I did say we would talk about it, no need to be shy. Besides it's not like we could have them biologically together so I don't see why you're so embarrassed."