3

Ithils eyes snapped open as he felt Callon chewing on his ear. Scooping the pine martin up he stroked her soft coat as if to comfort her and himself.

He moved to be sat cross-legged on the bed he had been placed on. Closing his eyes he began to foresee.

A flash of red illuminated his vision suddenly, a great eye was all he could see, its fiery intensity forcing him to snap his eyes open.

His body jolted forward with shock and he lept to his feet, callon scampered up his to his shoulder in alarm as her master began to run.

Guards gave him strange looks as he ran barefoot down the corridor, "Elrond!" he shouted in a panic.

It was not Elrond he found though, rather Arwen and Aragorn sharing an intimate moment before he burst through the door.

They recoiled in alarm and went to scold him about knocking before they saw the raw panic in his eyes.

"Otorno? Mana na- raica (brother? What is wrong)" she spoke as Ithil strained his eyes to decipher her words.

After about 2 seconds he managed to release her sentence enough to reply.

"Sauron han- plau mime visn ( Sauron has plagued my vision)" he spoke softly but urgently, deciding to trust his adoptive sibling with the information.

Aragorn muttered something unknown to him, for he could not see his lips

"Ni pole-'t lar- tye (I cannot hear you)" Ithil muttered lowering his head in shame.

A warm hand placed itself on his face lifting it up, "Care- vamme n- asha (do not be ashamed)"

Arwem pulled her brother into a warm embrace, for a rare change, Ithil did not fight to be freed be allowed himself to sink into the other.

"Emme indóme hir Elrond o- (we will find Elrond together)" she said clearly mouthing the words more than she needed to. A small uncharacteristic smile crept into Ithils face as he suddenly became very grateful for his sister.

---------------------------------

He stood awkwardly behind his sister as she explained the situation to Elrond, he of course had no idea what had been said.

Elrond walked forward to him and reached into his pocket, producing an amulet.

It was small. Green in colour and made of jade, shaped into a rather sweet-looking snake.

Elrond, with great care, strung it around Ithils neck. Suddenly he became vaguely aware of muffled sounds around him.

He started in shock whipping his head left to right,

"Ha- wa na- hi! (how- what is this!)" he exclaimed surprised to hear his voice as he spoke, it was deeper than he remembered from before he lost his hearing.

"im sui savn ha sui a asar ant ( I was saving it as a festival gift)" Elrond said with a small smile.

He heard Elrond's voice faintly, it was muffled and he strained to hear it, but he heard it.

He pulled the taller man into a hug, both Arwen and her father shared a look of shock...

To be continued