15

Turns out that Frodo had been wearing a Mirthril shirt the whole time and Ithil's heart had skipped a beat for no reason.

Part of him was relived the hobbit was ok but the larger part found hinself becoming increaingly annoyed with all the hobbits of their group.

It was mostly the fact he couldnt understand them, maybe he was jealous of their innocence or the peace of their homeland.

but they seemed to possess no knowledge of world and certainly shouldnt be on this journey.

One hobbit, the ringbearer, would have been easy enough to look after. But 4 (curious ones at that) was an entirely diffrent story.

Of course, Ithil didnt blame them for their childlike ignorance (in any other situation he would have found it a rather charming thing) but this was life or death.

He knew why the hobbits where still so niave to the dangers of the world, they never had to 'grow up' so it made sense for them to still have that childhood ignorance and innocence (If he hadnt had too, Ithil wouldnt have 'grown up' either) but it still annoyed him, especially when it wasnt just harmless accients but real mistakes that put the people he loved in grave danger and their quest in jeopardy.

Suddenly Ithil was pulled from his thoughts by Legolas who pulled him towards the doorway as the fellowship rushed out

"Mín-r at mín glenn-? (Where are we going?)" He whispered as he was dragged along side the other elf

"I iant -o Khazad-dum (the bridge of Khazad-dum)" Legolas answered pulling the dark haired elf swiftly around another corner

At this Ithil freed himself of the blondes grip and ran along side him, his eyes widen in horror as he sees legolas manage to save Aragorn from falling to his death and makes a mental note to scold his 'brother' on this later.

The chamber they eventually reached was vast and goblins filled every corner of it. Unconsciously Ithil pulled Legolas behind him, as if he could save him from this swarm. Legolas though was having none of it and soon retook his place next to the dark haired elf instead.

Just as Ithil prepared for the brutal fight that would surely await them, the goblins began to recede back into the darkness from which they came.

The relief he felt was immediately drowned out up nasausa as he spotted a familiar flaming glow light up the walls.

A gasp of fear escaped his lips as he shot a glance at Gandalf, the wizard shared his look of dread.

"What is this new devilry?" Boromir questioned put on edge by the raw fear written across the faces of the most magical members of the group.

"No...oh god" Ithil muttered to himself turning to Gandalf in despair, "we should have never come here"

"A Balrog..a demon of the ancient world! This foe is beyond any of you! Run! Quickly!" He yelled urgently

"Were going to die..." was the last thing Ithil could mutter before the fellowship took off running.

To be continued