11

When all have emerged from the snow it became quite quickly alarming that the hobbits would not last this great cold much longer

"We must get off the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan and take the West road to my city!" Boromir shouted urgently, Ithil knew he was desperate to get the hobbits (of whom he viewed as children) of this mountain.

"The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard." Aragorn protested

"We cannot pass over the mountain. Let us go under it. Let us go through the mines of Moria." Gimli suggested

A foreboding feeling gnawed at the pit of Ithils stomach.

"Let the ringbearer decide" Gandalf exclaimed, said ring bearer looked up in Shock.

"We will go through the mines..." he whispers

Yet the feeling only grew, clawing up Ithil's throat like a vicious wolf. A small whimper fell from his lips as red flashed across his vision. He staggered backwards into the steady hands of a certain blonde elf.

"are you ok?" he whispered steading the dark haired elf onto his feet. Ithil clung to the others cloak, his head swimming and bile threatening to rise up his throat.

"we should not enter those mines" he said weakly.

"it is not up to us... But if it eases your mind i will keep my gaurd up" the blonde offered, Ithil now walking beside him as the naseau passed.

"it would be wise too"

---------------------------------

The path to moria was not a remarkably easy one, Footing was treacherous on the narrow strip of stones directly below the great looming cliffs.

"the walls of moria" Gimli exclaimed clearly proud. Infront of them was a large dwarven door, glowing with moonlight.

However Ithil could not marvel at this wonderful view for his heart beat quick with anticipation, his hands subconsciously gripping the hem of his blue cloak.

Even Callon squirmed unresting on his shoulder.

Just then the moon began to peek over the mountains, The lines grew Broader and Clearer, forming a glowing arch of interlacing ancient letters and symbols.

"The door of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter." Ithil read, recognizing the dwarven script.

"What do you suppose that means?" Merry asked

"It's quite simple. If you are a friend, speak the password and the doors will open." Gandalf informed him confidently, raising his arms and staff, "Annon edhellen, edro hi ammen!"

But nothing happened.

Ithil let out a sigh and turned back to stroking Callon, "bloody dwarven doors" he muttered leaning against the wall he relaxed slightly trying to calm his heart.

The Fellowship now at a loss for how to open the door began to spread out along the river bank.

"how are you feeling?" a familiar voice questioned, of all the fellowship Legolas was by far the one Ithil talked to most (despite his close relationship with Aragorn)

"better." he replied offering his hand to the elf. When Legolas took it, Callon scampered from her Masters shoulder to his.

The blonde was somewhat startled by this but nevertheless began to stroke her fur. She, surprisingly, seemed to respect him. Not even attempting to bite his fingers.

"she likes you" Ithil pointed out earning a smile from Legolas.

"Legolas" he began turning to said elf, "you met Gimli's father Gloin didnt you?"

Shock flitted over Legolas's features briefly, "how did you-?"

It seemed then to occur to him that Ithil knew a great deal of things due to his foresight.

"i believe it was in that conversation, in which you called him a goblin mutant, that i first saw you" he continued earning a chuckle from the other.

"why is that so important?"

"its not. But for some time now i had been trying to place where i knew you're face from" he concluded with a small smile,

"i see you are still as immature" he pointed out noticing the elf was still sniggering over the memory

The sound of a great door swinging open draws the elves from their conversation at once. The way into moria was before them.

To be continued