13

the fellowship was forced to continue deeper into the mines. Gandalf apparently had no memory of this particular part of the mine so they had made a makeshift camp for the time being.

Callon had managed to fit through the gaps of the cave in at the front entrance (since Ithil didnt want her to be caught in any fightling that would inevitably happen within the mine) she was to make her own way across, he was sure she would find him again. She was loyal like that.

Legolas was sat against the wall Ithil slumped against his side, eyes closed and sleeping. A rare sight for an elf, but Ithil was never anything like his kin. Both in appearance and behavior.

"tired?" the blonde questioned nuding the other.

"mmh" he replied lazily. Ithil didnt sleep often but when he did it was not the usual elven form of meditation but a deep, almost human-like, sleep.

Legolas slowly pulled the other to rest apon his lap slowly threading his hand through the elfs hair earning contented sighs from the smaller.

"why are you so kind to me?" the dark haired male questioned suddenly.

Legolas merley chuckled and continued to braid a small plait that cascaded down his back along with his main of black hair.

"just sleep Ithil. Not everyone has a motive nor reason behind their kindness" he whispered softly to the elf.

It was many minutes later when a sleepy Ithil half dragged by Legolas followed Gandalf through the many winding tunnels of moria.

eventually they come aross a room at the far end of the mine.

Gimli rushed into the vast empty chamber it was lit with a narrow shaft of sunlight that beamed in from a small hole near the roof. Dwarf and Goblin skeletons where piled high, In the far corner a stone Well. A shaft of light fell directly onto a stone table in the middle of the room, a single oblong block, about 4 feet high, topped with a great slab of white stone reading 'Here lies Balin, son of Fudin, Lord of Moria.'

Ithil sighed as he put together the peices, he closed his eyes in respect.

"we must move on, we cannot linger" Legolas whispered.

Meanwhile, Ithil tried to shake the remnants of sleep from his body clutching onto Legolas in order to stay standing.

Only becoming fully aware when a loud crash sounded. Ithil cringed at the loudness, even though it must have been severly muted for him. His pendant worked less than perfectly of course.

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" Gandalf excaimed but Ithils attention was drawn to the loud drums banging from within the mines.

"uh... Legolas" he said now fully awake, shoving his now glowing blade within the blonds eye sight

"Orcs" Legolas shouts apon seeing the glowing blue of his blade.

"Get back! Stay close to Gandalf'
Aragorn intructs the hobbits before rushing forward with Boromir to block the door.

"They have a cave troll!" Boromir excalimed with a look of incredibility.

Snatching up two strong yet incredibly rusted axes Gimli exclaimed,

"Let them come! There is one Dwarf yet in Moria who still draws breath!"

To be continued