3

"Riders of Rohan, what news from the Mark?" Aragorns voice carried over the fields causing the riders to turn and circle around them almost immediately.

Tall, lean bodys of horses caged them in on all sides, the men atop weilded spears not too dissimilar from Ithils own. But, Hopefully this encounter would be free of violence.

Aragorn, clearly trying to deescalate the situation he just plunged them into, held up his hands in a show of peace.

Callon chattered nevously at the large animals stomping around her and Ithils hands flew up to comfort her (and himself) by stroking her silky fur.

A man upon a horse, whom Ithil assumes is the leader of this company, stepped forward to adress them

"What business does two Elves, a Man and a Dwarf have in the Riddermark? Speak quickly!" he barked

"Give me your name, horse-master, and I shall give you mine" Gimli retorted immediately. Ithil placed a hand onto his spear with a sigh, of course the dwarf couldn't help but cause trouble.

But before he could draw his weapon Legolas had already beat him to it

"you would die before you're stroke fell" he glared pointing an arrow at the mans face, Ithil tensed waiting to see if a fight would to ensue

luckily,before any drastic action was taken, Aragorn lowered the elf's bow

"I am Aragorn, son of Arathorn. This is Gimli, son of Glóin, Ithil of Rivendell and Legolas of the Woodland Realm. We are friends of Rohan and of Théoden, your king." he said

"Théoden no longer recognizes friend from foe" the man stated sadly removing his helmet, "Not even his own kin."

It only took a small moment for Ithil to recognise the man, he looked very much like his ancestor

"Eomer ealdig, nephew of the king? I once was an adviser to your great great grandfather...and his father before him"

"...i recognise your name from history books, it is still peculiar to me for elves to be so unchanged by time" Eomer responded scrutinising Ithils face with curious intensity, "but it matters not, the king mind has been warped far"

On Eomer's signal the Rohirrim lower their weapons

"Saruman has poisoned the mind of the king and claimed lordship over these lands. My company are those loyal to Rohan. And for that, we are banished."

He looks at fellowship his tone suddenly hushed and accusing

"The White Wizard is cunning. He walks here and there, they say, as an old man hooded and cloaked. And everywhere, his spies slip past our nets."

To be continued...