20

When you finally write a chapter after neglecting your book for weeks (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू)

The sun had since risen by the time the fellowship stood on the ridge overlooking Lothlorien. They had trekked in silence each member of the party sullen and weary. Their air was thick with foul smelling grief and a fleeting thought of breaking that dead silence crossed Ithil's mind. But he did no such thing.

instead his mind was occupied by other thoughts. He often found himself wondering what the other members of the fellowship thoight of him. Ithil knew he was overthinking due to being so paranoid (it was hard to be so blind to the future) but he wondered none the less.

For Aragorn it was easy. They got on well, they always have. He had known him since the ranger was a young child afterall, they considered themselves brothers in everything but blood.

Then there was Legolas, they got on well. Ithil often found himself spending all his time with the blonde elf and Legolas seemed to equally enjoy his company.

Gimli seemed hesitant to interact with elves at this point so there was little Ithil could say about him, but the fact he didnt seem to hate them like some of his kin made him assume that as there journey progressed the dwarf would likely become friendlier.

Boromir was much the same, however Ithil mistrusted him far more than Gimli. Boromir saw the ring as a gift, why would he join a party to destroy it? Ithil could only wonder if he had other motives. However the man himself seemed too noble and friendly for that.

Now theres the matter of the hobbits.

Pippin seemed to like Ithil because of Callon. Merry was the wiser of the two and had caught on rather quick that Ithil had mixed feelings about them and often seered Pippin away from talking to the elf.

Ithil of course did not hate these hobbits, but he was highly of the opinion that they should not have joined the company. Looking after sam and frodo was the priority, having two trouble makers on top was not. However he hoped they would prove him wrong in time and show how valuable they where to the cause.

Sam, of couse, seemed to be full of questions whenever an elf was around. But he also seemed to be too nervous to actually ask any of these questions. Overall he was Ithil's favorite of the hobbits.

Frodo. Frodo had not spoken a word to him since the journeys start. Neither to Legolas or probably to Gimli, though Ithil assumed carrying the ring must be a burden indeed and forgave him this.

Ithil is vaguely aware of Haldir introducing his realm to the others, but he has been here countless times. He merely followed the fellowship in silence.

Before he knew it they had already made there way into the heart of the forest and up the winding stairs and were standing infront of Lady Galariel and Celeborn.

"the enemy knows you have entered here. What hope you had in secrecy is now gone" Celeborn spoke in his usual blunt tone, confirming what Ithil suspected already.

"nine there are here, yet ten
there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf? For I much desire to speak with him. I can no
longer see him from afar."

At this Ithil dropped his gaze.

"Gandalf the Grey did not pass the borders of this land. He has fallen into Shadow." Galadriel said softly seeming suprised as she uttered the words.

Celeborn turned to look at his wife, equally shocked.

"He was taken by both Shadow and flame. A Balrog of Morgoth. For we went needlessly into the net of Moria." Legolas spoke, his hand grasped Ithils as a sort of comfort (though whether it was to comfort himself or the dark haired elf beside him was unclear)

"i have spoken to your birth father" Galadriels voice rung out in Ithils head

"i do not wish to hear of it" he fired back instantly, "you may tell the blue wizard that he is no father to me"

Ithils father was a blue wizard. it was This linage that was part of reason he possessed magic himself, however he wanted nothing to do with the man who abandoned him.

"he is concerned" she said softly, "he wishes to know his son is safe"

"he has no right to be concerned" the dark haired elf retorted and looked away, ending the silent conversation.

To be continued