IX

Felix
Their glassy eyes suddenly came into focus the moment they lay on me.

Thete was a moment of silence as their little brains tried to process the fear before
Their empty orbs were underscored by what looks like pure dread.

"AAAHHH why is that killing machine here!!" The boys chorused as they slipped on a ketchup packet.

"Oh death will be a treat for you when you ruin my 100k dollar customized sofa!"

I swear if Bangchan wasn't holding my hand right now those two fuckers would be slapped all the way to the moon and back

Bangchan's grip tightened around my wrist, sensing the horrors which will happen if it wasn't for him.

He then pulled me into his chest as tears of fury slipped out of my eyes, forming a wet patch onto his shirt.

"Sshh, it's alright Lix.. we'll clean up together with the kids alright?' he said in a soothing voice while his hands ruffled my already messy hair.

Is he for real now?

might as well throw 100k into a pool of ketchup.

"Your parents are going to hear about this!!" I said through gritted teeth.

To fan the  flames the duo exploded into laughter.

"Hahahahaha!! you do know we've actually played the most epic game of hide and seek with them!"

Oh great, story time to push their impending doom backwards, nice try kiddos.

Oh and by kiddos I mean Chan AND the twins.

"Ok so, it started when we were playing a game of hide and seek on Christmas day..." the taller one started with enthusiasm which Chan shared.

"We were looking for a place to hide when we came across a large sack by the house side river where we hid"The latter continued.

Ok, things are starting to be interesting...

"We were such good hiders dad bumped into us without knowing, plus we got a free swim in the river" He concluded with the biggest grin.

"Yea! it was suuper fun!!"

....

The room fell into silence as Chan and I exchanged pitiful stares,unsure as to what to say.

Suddenly a ketchup stain on an expensive couch seemed trivial.

Something tugged at my heartstrings and before I know it my vision became blurry.

"Haha.. I bet it was really fun.." The silence was shattered by Chan's awkward laugh

Without warning I smothered them in my noodle arms.

"Kids, I'm so sorry for what happened.." I said between sobs.

The kids, equally unsure as to what to do patted my back reassuringly.

I glanced back at Chan who was now giving me an apologetic look sat up.

Uh-oh..

"From now on you can call my gorgeous husband and I your parents"