XVII

"oH C'MoN baBe ArEn'T yoU HapPy tO sEe YOur GIrlfriend" I retorted in a mocking tone, my back still facing Chan.

The rustling of leaves bearing the only sign he's on my tail.

"Listen she's my ex whom I've lost in a mob m, she's definitely an ex ever since I've fallen for you" His voice was now shaky and strained as he blinked back tears.

"look, the fact still remains that you've never ended things with her willingly, hence you must have some feelings for her!!"

The flames of fury in my eyes are hot enough to roast him like a marshmallow over a campfire.

"B-but I-"

"Save it for your beloved girlfriend" I said running out of the vegetable with  tearstained eyes, leaving behind a crestfallen Bangchan to his misery.

I ran around the ghost town with no direction in mind but the objective of getting as far away from that cheater as possible.

My legs pounded the pavement twice as hard as the flames burned my sides and legs.

But even this fiery pain only equated to the portion of the pain my "boyfriend" so graciously left for me.

Even with our short time together Chan and I spent together, we have been to every place in this city.

The memories from the café tauntingly haunted me turning my heartstrings into a tangled mess.

The memory of how his addictive spicy cinnamon scent clouded my senses as his "culinary lessons" has only helped speed up the flow of my river of tears.

The memory of how his burly arms wrapped around me and the electric currents it sent throughout my body was now seared into my brain.

Further down the street stood the mall where out tragic lobe story begined, where Chan's spontaneous and humorous personality pushed me out of my shell and made me break barriers I thought was impossible.

It was his selfless personality that patiently thought me how to be compassionate to someone other than me and that it was okay to be human.

Ignoring the fact that I'm doubling over in both exhaustion and pain I continued running.

My legs now lost feelings are on autopilot, doing nothing but moving like that they're life's only mission.

God must be the cuelest prankster there is as at the outskirts of the city was where the infamous flower field is.

The exact place where he had told the biggest lie ever.

The same place where I made the biggest regret of my life to love and believe him.

The bricks of exhaustion pressed against me, my legs which had been put through their worst crumbled beneath their weight.

My chest heaved up and down violently, sharp pain piercing through it in a struggle to provide me with enough oxygen to bind me in this crused life.

The sharp pain which wasn't entirely caused by the run was soon accompanied by a pang of hurt at the saddening realization of being truly alone for the rest of my life.

The pang of hurt caused by the deep void Bangchan left behind.

I miss you my Channie...