XX

Tip toeing down the flight of stairs,not forgetting to bear in mind the extra squeaky floorboards sprawled around the floor like booby traps.

I felt around the pitch black threshold in search of the basement until eventually it revealed itself when I fell into the entrance.

And mind you that was a fairly painful fall.

A cloud of smoke along with the putrid unmistakable stench of feaces accompanied by the stomach churning scent of vomit.

"Over... here..." Jeongin's voice, barely a whisper sounded from behind somewhere among the darkness.

I felt around the darkness until finally arriving at what feels like a human body.

Except that there is a wriggling sensation beneath my hand.

Eyes finally adjusting to the darkness and seeing what I laid hands on.

Jeongin had to cup my mouth to not alert the whole country of my wake.

Lying beside Jeongin was Hyunjin covered in patches of rotting flesh where colonies after colonies of maggots are eating their way through.

His condition was so bad in fact he could only acknowledge my presence with a mere glance, his limbs in too much pain to move an inch.

Jeongin however may not be in as bad of a shape as his brother but his condition was still disheartening to look at.

He was so emaciated in fact he was merely a skeleton covered in a sickly yellowish skin.

Both boy's hair was matted with a mixture of feaces and urine.

Just like that I broke down, as in really lost in.

Wails of hysteria escaped my mouth as I hugged the boys close to my chest not caring that I'm now covered in all sorts of creepy crawlies infecting poor Hyunjin.

"I'm sorry... I'm so so sorry I couldn't protect you"

Sorrow and pity projected from the dying boy's eye, there were no words needed for Hyunjin to say as a thousand words of gratitude and longing were exchanged with a glance.

I gave Hyunjin one last long hug not forgetting to kiss his little nose affectionately.

"Please.. be a good boy in heaven kiddo" I said before turning my back with Jeongin's hand clasped around my neck.

Leaving behind a piece of my heart with Hyunjin I left the cottage.

Oh if only the story would end there with a happily ever after..

Surrounding the glass dome like  ants to a drop of sugary beverage they pressed their erratically jerking bodies against the glass.

But what worried me wasn't the zombies themselves but what was implanted onto their skulls.

Positioned deep into their skull was a chip, a rather familiar looking chip.

My eyes widened in grim understanding as I put two and two together.

I immediately knew they were serious everytime they said they wanted to cut Felix out of my life.

My legs pounded against the pavement as hard as the andrenaline was pumped into my bloodstream.

I had to warn Felix! I don't fucking care if her beheads me with a swipe of his axe or makes me die in the most gruesome way possible.

He just has to know about this!

It didn't take me long however to locate my target.

Unless a swarm of thousands of zombies swarming an area is normal..

Settling Jeongin down on an area and listening to a 5000 word essay on why he should come.

I made my way to the middle of the horde.

Thankfully my prayers were answered as I glanced to my sight where a ginourmous tractor stood...