Chapter 12

Dietrich felt the bolt of energy hit him square in the chest. It's blue radiance burst forth as it expelled the energy around him.

However, Dietrich felt no pain with its collision. Just a simple sense that something had touched his chest. The radiant light swirled around him, snaking it's way around his body in an explosion of blue light.

The Thrask ahead of him looked on in confusion, her brow twisting in shock as her desired outcome seemingly did not happen.

Dietrich took one step down the stairs, going slowly even as the blue magic slowly began to dissipate around him.

The Thrask lieutenant charged another bolt of magic energy, this one purple in color. She launched it as Dietrich took another step, and upon its impact between his feet, it released a cloud of gaseous substance.

Even as Dietrich stepped into and breathed deeply, there was no effect that he could discern. He took another step down, coming out of the cloud of purple gas; descending ever so slowly in an unstoppable movement towards his next victim.

Speaking of which, she widened her stance and both of her paws burst with fire. Dietrich paused momentarily as she appeared to strain her body and the fiery magic seemed to grow in her hands.

As Dietrich took another step down, she brought her hands together and he watched as the fire between them grew brightly almost to the point of blinding.

"Grrrragh! Die, you monster!" The Thrask growled in anger as she held her fireball. Dietrich stopped and looked down at her from the stairs. He wanted to test his theory of whether their magic had any effect on them, so he goaded her by keeping silent.

It seemed to work, as she roared in anger and sent the burning bright ball of fire towards him. It hit him square in the chest and exploded, flexing the walls and blowing them out the sides of the building. The ceiling burst with fire, alongside much of the surrounding building as well.

Dietrich turned to see that the entire room that was up the stairs was just not there anymore, and by extension, the brute Thrask that he was saving for later. Both were vaporized by the sheer power of the fireball that this Thrask had thrown at him.

However, much to his surprise, Dietrich was entirely unharmed. He could feel the fires warmth. He could see it's flames and it's light, even as those flames spread all over his body and the remains of the building around him.

"What...what are you?!" Asked the Thrask. Dietrich watched through the fire and smoke of the explosion as Krisch'a's last available lieutenant bent over in pure fatigue. She rested her hands on her knees and huffed.

On his end, however, he was entirely uninjured and unphased by a most powerful and mighty display of the magic power of the Thrask world. However, even as he 'burned' right before his very own eyes and hers as well, Dietrich remembered that he was asked a question just a few seconds ago.

"I am of a far more powerful order than you could ever imagine." Said Dietrich, reminiscing over his ill-fated fatherland. He pictured seeing the Hakenkreuz rise over the rest of Europe as it had years before. They would never understand what it felt like to fight for a dying country. There was no way they could begin to understand the complexities of Earth.

"I walked through the depths of hell to get to here." Dietrich felt joy as his words got their point across. The Thrask in front of him looked up to see him descending the steps unharmed while in complete immolation. He glanced down, seeing that the fire which enveloped him was still burning.

"And so, I have come for you, child. I have come for Krisch'a." He said. By the time he reached the floor, the flames around him had extinguished themselves, leaving Dietrich completely untouched. Simply put, it was as if he was never at the epicenter of a shockingly large explosion.