Chapter 25

Guys and gals! As of May 22nd, 2023, this story has hit #1 on Wattpad for the furry tag! Holy cow! This is amazing! It is also #2 in the tag for morality! This is wild! I'm so excited!

I couldn't have done this without you all, of course! Thanks for sticking around and reading! Also, if anyone knows how the ranking system works for Wattpad, leave a comment. I'm intrigued about what makes a story go up and down for ratings.

I've also come to realize that I listen to such a variety of music that influences my chapters. Maybe I should make a playlist for my stories so you all can listen.

XXX

"Ha ha, my equine friend! We are beholden to no man!" Exclaimed Dietrich. Exhilaration coursed through his body as he achieved speed with his mount.

The thundering of hooves from under him filled his ears as they galloped along. According to the map, he was to reach the base of a mountain range in the coming trail. In not wanting his horse to tire out, Dietrich brought pulled back on the reins, guiding the horse to a stop.

Up ahead, the forest cleared out and as they reached the tree line, Dietrich was met with a magnificent view of the range in front of him.

It was a stunning piece, worthy of over one hundred photos, even though they would not provide justice for the beauty of Mother Nature.

The range ahead consisted of a long arc of mountains, not too terribly tall. They were covered in trees, with some beginning to grow orange in color due to the colder weather. A river, not the Mississippis if the map hand anything to say, ran around one of the slopes into a piece of land unknown.

Dietrich breathed in deeply, feeling the cool and clean air fill his lungs with its magnificence.

"Such a gorgeous land. From sea to shining sea." Said Dietrich, patting the horse.

XXX

"It gets more gorgeous every time I look. Is America this beautiful back home?" Asked Dietrich, to the horse. At the expected lack of an answer, Dietrich brought his binoculars up to view a small anomaly in the expanse of nature.

A small wooden house sat on the edge of the trees in the valley below. The cobbled path ran near it, far enough that the house had a branching path of cleared land which led to it.

A small garden sat to the right of the building, and an even smaller hit was centered behind the garden. Chickens pecked in and around the garden, which grew a variety of vegetables.

Dietrich watched as a black furred Thrask tended to the garden, joined by two smaller ones of similar color.

"And here we have our happy citizens! Perhaps we shall pay a nice visit to them! They are not far from us or the trail." Said Dietrich. He leaned over the horses neck and scratched at its cheek with a gloved hand.

With a whip of the reins, Dietrich coaxed the horse forwards and down the mountain side.

XXX

The hour long ride down the mountain side was fun for Dietrich and they were now on level ground with the house but at about 500 meters out. Dietrich once again looked through his binoculars at the house as he saw his horse's ears shoot forwards.

"What have we here?" Asked Dietrich, mentally. Through his binoculars, as his horse came to a stop, Dietrich was able to see that there were some new additions to the population of the small farm.