Chapter 30

That's right. Double header for the week.

I want to say that my next story has had a very strange soundtrack that was being listened to. Front and center are the Gears of War 1-3 soundtracks and Farcry 5's sound track.

The games themselves are also quite a major influence on the design of the story, setting, and characters. Let me know how that information rubs you all.

As for this story, however, Johnny Cash's Gods Gonna Cut You Down and Ghost Riders in the Sky were heavily listened to.

In fact, the Man in Black himself was a focal point in the tone and style of this story. Hells Gate and the entire Vendetta Soundtrack were binged from Call of Duty: World at War's soundtrack, as well as a super cut from the Heart of the Reich and Downfall missions.

Also, at the conclusion of this story, I will post a trivia chapter which goes over influences and ideas surrounding the story. There's some pretty unique things in there that I think you all will like to read.

Finally, I think that after five or six years or however long, y'all deserve to see your author. I've got a good idea of what to direct y'all too because it's a video on YouTube that was wildly popular about a year or two ago. I'll think about that one, though. Y'all enjoy this chapter!

XXX

"Stay alert. They'll try something." Growled Dietrich, quietly. Kasma nodded and Dietrich kept Stuka on course to enter the building.

"Bringing a wild animal into a regal building is not what I had in mind. Let that be their mistake." Thought Dietrich. Stuka bobbed his head and Dietrich scanned the interior as they entered.

If the outside was nice, then the inside put it to shame.

Dietrich would compare it to the Notre Dame Cathedral in its style, but the lack of Romanesque design influences were lost to the Thrask style of building.

The first hall was grand and very spacious, with a strange checkered pattern to the stone floor. The walls were adorned with columns that supported the great hall and surrounding walls.

The walls had a dark cream color to them and appeared to be faded with time. Dietrich could see various paintings and pieces of art adorning the walls.

Battle depictions, hanging set pieces, and physical displays were set up in an ordered and elaborate fashion to display Thrask culture and history.

Dietrich was in the belly of the beast and there was no turning back.

"We have listened to the whispers permeating throughout the lands about you. You are...quite different than what we expected to be brought into our lands." Said the same voice from before.

Dietrich could not see the speaker from where he sat, in fact he could not see anyone at all. They were entirely alone.

"The loss of Krisch'a and her bandit group served to inform us of what we were expecting. But to see you come through in a peaceful manner is an outcome most unexpected." The voice continued talking and Dietrich listened. Kasma appeared to look around as well and then leaned back lightly.

"I cannot tell where anyone is. There is too much magic. It is overwhelming." Said the Thrask, softly. Dietrich grunted in approval at the Thrask's attempt to discern magical properties inside of the building.

"Come deeper into the building. There is much to discuss." Said the voice. Dietrich looked down to Mal'kriss and Sidaria.

"Have you any knowledge of what is going to happen?" Asked Dietrich. Sidaria replied, stating that they couldn't say. Dietrich nodded and shrugged.