Chapter 13

Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and give you all an authors note. I'm not certain if you all are aware, but I can see the names you all give your reading lists. Some of those are hilarious AF and I enjoy reading them.

Also, I wanted to stop and ask if y'all would like to see some chapters from other characters perspectives, mainly Kasma and other Thrask down the line? These chapters would be spaced out with plenty of Dietrich in between, but I feel that having additional POV's can spice things up a bit.

Let me know y'all's thoughts. Enjoy!

XXX

"Kasma? Can you tell me where Springs Bloom is?" Asked Dietrich. He had taken the Thrask to the side, wishing to privately converse with him about their next plan of action.

The Thrask looked at him in confusion and pointed in the direction of the village he had first seen.

"It's a town in that direction. Why?" Asked Kasma. Dietrich looked over to the lieutenant, who had her hands and feet bound with a bit of string. He turned to look back at Kasma.

"She said that Krisch'a went to Springs Bloom. What can you make of that?" Asked Dietrich. Kasma raised a brow at his words, and he turned to face the lieutenant. Dietrich did the same and they watched as she was offered a bit of food from Katya.

The other Thrask from the barn had been cleaned up and were also in the process of being fed by Hiroshi. The officer was walking around and continually adding food to the wooden plates that they held in their malnourished hands.

"Such a unique opportunity to see how everyone and anyone can be a monster given the right situation." Thought Dietrich.

In this moment, he didn't see Hiroshi as a warmongering and brutal officer for the Japanese Army. Rather, he saw him acting as a father would when making sure his children got enough to eat.

"That doesn't make sense. Are you sure she said Springs Bloom? Are you positive?" Asked Kasma. Dietrich tore his eyes away from the most beautiful scene of compassion from a monster and took notice for the first time how Kasma's voice sounded.

He was way too young to be put through his current ordeal.

He sounded as if he had not even hit puberty, having a high voice and sounding fairly childish from time to time. Dietrich surmised that Kasma must have been in his teens or whatever comparable age he was to humans.

And it made his blood boil thinking that Krisch'a was doing what she did to a teen, so that is why Dietrich bent down to eye level with Kasma and stared at him directly.

"Yes. I am certain, Kasma, that she said Springs Bloom because I do not miss details when it comes to hunting my prey." Explained Dietrich.

Kasma shivered in spot and looked off to the side. Dietrich was aware of how intense he looked, and knew that this was likely the first time that Kasma had seen him up close.

"Kasma? How young are you? Are you an adult yet?" Asked Dietrich. Kasma shook his head and that was when Dietrich knew.

"You are a child. She has been raping you. She deserves more than just what I will do to her." Whispered Dietrich.

Kasma looked up in confusion and Dietrich clasped a hand on the felids shoulder. He used his free hand to bring his goggles down from his face around his neck.

Kasma was now able to see his face for the first time without any hindrance. Even through the three days before they razed the bandit camp, he had not taken his goggles off.

"Look into my eyes, Kasma. See the soul of a killer. You will get justice and she will pay for her crimes against you." Spat Dietrich, quietly. Kasma trembled.