Chapter 15

Dietrich watched over Kasma as he slept in his bed, noting how peacefully he had been resting. There was no worry, considering all but two of the bandits had been wiped off the map. Their captive was still tied up at her wrists and ankles, yet she was still given some bedding in the corner.

Dietrich noted that she seemed to be less than willing to try and retaliate against them, and for that he was thankful. She had supplied them with information and he was hoping she would do it again soon with his newly acquired intelligence.

When everyone had went to sleep, Dietrich had gone back to the main house and began searching it in depth for anything that could prove important.

He looked in the kitchen and all throughout the ground floor before moving back upstairs to look through the drawer that Kasma had produced the map from.

It proved to be a wealth of knowledge, at least, he hoped it did. There were many papers with the written Thrask language that Dietrich was able to study and see that it was written by the same hand.

He knew that Kasma could translate, as well as the others. However, if he was going to interrupt a Thrask in their sleep, he would make sure it was the bandit.

He lit a singular candle over by their makeshift desk and woke Katya, Hudson, and Hiroshi before moving over to the bandit.

Gently, he pat the bandit on the shoulder. She stirred slightly, but didn't wake from her slumber. Dietrich was more forceful this time, jerking her shoulder. Her eyes snapped open and she leaned up slightly.

"Quiet, fleabag. Do not wake the others. I need your eyes." Said Dietrich. He then looked to her face, remembering how one eye was cloudy. "Or...eye." Replied Dietrich. He snickered at her unfortunate injury, and did not feel any worse when she seemed to look down in sadness.

"Translate these papers for me and I will rethink having you tied up all the time, Bandit." Offered Dietrich. The one eyed bandit looked up at him and spoke a word that sounded like Seth-Ik-er. Dietrich raised a brow.

"My name is Sehth'ker, demon." She spat. Dietrich raised his eyebrows fully at the revelation, gripping her shoulder with a firm hand and pulling her close.

"Ah...it has a name! Tell me, Sehth'ker..." Dietrich paused momentarily before running an exposed hand down her notched ear, brushing up against the many ringed piercings with a thumb. He then put his mouth right up to her ear, close enough for his lips to brush against it.

"How much would it hurt if I was to rip these out one by one the next time you call me a demon?" He whispered. Sehth'ker shuddered then wiggled away from him.

"No! Please don't!" She begged loudly. Dietrich clamped a hand over her muzzle, turning to hear Kasma shuffle in his sleep.

Dietrich took note of an almost worried expression on the sleeping felid's face, and suddenly felt an urge to calm the situation down. He turned back to face Sehth'ker.

"Hush now. I am only joking. Do not disturb the others. Come here." Said the man, removing his hand from her face. He stood her up and allowed her to move to the table with the others, where Dietrich produced the map that Kasma had given him before.

"We are here." Stated the man, ooh ting to the marker on the map that Kasma had shown him an hour before. Hudson snickered, scratching a cheek.

"Very Funny, Kraut. Hey...that's a pretty good drawing you got there, though." Said Hudson, pointing to the map. "It's accurate." He said. Dietrich looked to the paper, eyeing a very familiar continent, then back to Hudson.

"Oh, I didn't draw this. They did." Said Dietrich, pointing to the bandit. Hudson's brow furrowed, as well as Katya and Hiroshi.

"This...does not make sense. By the emperor, are you saying...?" Asked Hiroshi. Dietrich nodded solemnly.