Christmas Special 🎄

A/N: sorry if you're reading this and it's not Christmas. when it was posted, it was still Christmas in North America (i.e. me), so yeah. regardless, it doesn't hurt to keep up Christmas spirit for Boxing Day, too!

P.S. this doesn't change the timeline of the story, it's just a special chapter for Christmas.

- = + = -

*ding*

(Y/N) paused the TV to check his phone. New email.

Hello students! Sorry for the somewhat late notice, but Asahiyama High School will be closed tomorrow due to the forecast of heavy snow.

Enjoy some time outside with your friends!

Stay warm and safe,

the Asahiyama Council

(Y/N) pumped his fists. "Snow day!!" He looked outside. "It's still snowing... No wonder they're closing school."

Ally poked her head from the door. "I heard 'snow day'?"

"You heard correctly."

"Inuko's also closed."

"Oh, let's go!"

"Yeah! I get to have a snowball fight with my friends." She suddenly made a thinking face. "I wonder which Quint would be the best at snowball fighting...?"

(Y/N) squinted for a moment. "Yotsuba. Definitely Yotsuba."

"I want to challenge her!" Ally bore a confident grin.

As if on cue, (Y/N) got another notification.

hi (L/N)-san!!

would you be up for a snowball fight tomorrow??

He quickly punched in a response.

sure thing!

Ally wants to join too

of course!! she's always welcome :)

(Y/N) looked back at Ally. "Yotsuba just challenged me to a snowball fight. She said you can come, too."

"Yay!!"

(Y/N) patted Ally's head. "Alright, you go get some sleep, now. It's getting late, and we wouldn't want to cancel the snowball fight due to fatigue of all things..."

She gasped, looking surprised. "You're right! Good night, Big Bubber!"

He smiled. "Good night, Ally."

Ally raced to her room to sleep. She cared very much about her sleep and her level of tiredness.

(Y/N) looked out the window, where it was gently snowing. "I guess I should get some sleep, too..." He turned off the TV and walked to their room, finding Ally already dead asleep.

He laid down and imagined what tomorrow would look like.

Soon enough, he didn't have to imagine; tomorrow arrived. (Y/N) woke up, yawned, and looked out the window once more. According to his phone's weather app, the level of snow was over 15 centimetres (~5.9 inches) higher than yesterday (when it was already a lot).