8-0 - It's Up to You

here everything takes a drastic turn. not in the story, per se, but in the style of the story.

this chapter (and probably more in the future) is in a choose-your-story format. this is how it works:

I will ask you to make a decision. the options will be listed right after the question and will be labelled with letters: "a. {option}, b. {option}", etc. each chapter will be labelled "{ch. #} - {section number} {choice}" - the {section} is to determine the sections between choices; the {choice} is a letter that corresponds to the choice previously made.

after you make a decision, go to the designated chapter for that choice, its section being the one right after and the letter being the letter of the choice you made.

for example, if I just finished reading chapter 8 (this one), section 2 and made the decision with the letter B, I would go to 8-3b. say, if I chose the E choice for this exact section (section 0) then I would go to 8-1e.

keep in mind that, as more options are introduced, I may ask you to do something that breaks this rule a bit. (but rules were meant to be broken, no?)

good? I hope so. enjoy.

(p.s. if you want to end up with a certain Quint, it might be a wise idea to stick with her throughout the decisions. yes, this is the confession chapter)

(p.p.s. sorry if each individual storyline is short, but altogether I wrote so, so much for this chapter. I hope you enjoy it regardless.)

- = + = -

It was Saturday, early afternoon, and (Y/N) was staring at the TV mindlessly. He was supposed to be watching anime, but his mind couldn't focus on it. It couldn't focus on anything.

He shifted around on the couch, thinking that would help. It didn't.

"You alright, bro?" Ally asked him.

"Yeah... I think I'm gonna take a walk...," (Y/N) said, getting up.

"Alright. Where're you gonna go?"

"The park, probably."

"Sounds good. Have fun."

(Y/N) put on his shoes and walked out their door to the elevator. He silently walked to the park down the street.

The park was basically an incline with a fence at the end. One could stand at the fence and see much of the neighbourhood from the vantage point.

And that is what (Y/N) did. He walked to the fence and stared out into the sun-illuminated vastness of residences.

Seeing the beautiful city put a smile on his face.

*woosh*

(Y/N) turned around to see what made the sound, but to no avail; he saw nothing.

He turned back around to face the fence and the city.

*woosh*

This time, he knew he wasn't hearing things, so he turned around again.

(Y/N) was right, the thing that made the noise was right there in front of him. The thing was:

DECISION 1: What made the noise?

a. Ichika ; b. Nino ; c. Miku ; d. Yotsuba ; e. Itsuki ; f. Ally ; g. a cat.