9 - A Day at the Beach

warning: there might be manga spoilers in this chapter. i haven't read/seen the part of the manga/movie when they go to the beach, so any similarities are purely coincidental. if there are similarities, i ask that you don't point them out to keep the manga/movie unspoiled for the rest of the readers. thanks :)

- = + = -

It was a normal Friday, other than being really hot. (Y/N) sat in class, drinking bottle after bottle of water.

How... is it... so hot??

He didn't sit close to any windows, so he was left without any wind to cool him down. He forgot his fan at home, and his hand and notebook weren't very good substitutes. He was almost panting, he was that hot. He found it weird that he was the only student in the class that was this hot.

Nino noticed (Y/N) dying behind her and turned around to check on him. "You alright?"

"I'm... hot...," he said between breaths.

She rolled her eyes. "I know that, but what's wrong?"

"I told you, I'm hot."

Realizing he meant temperature, she tried advising him. "Then drink some water, doof."

He showed her his empty bottle. "Thanks for the advice, Miss Helpful."

She turned back around. "If you don't want advice, don't ask."

"I never did!"

- later, at lunch -

"Are either of you hot?" (Y/N) asked Akasuki and Eiyuu.

"Not really," they both answered.

(Y/N) undid another of his shirt buttons. "Alright..."

Kasu checked her phone. "Says here that it's supposed to be really hot tomorrow, too."

"Like, heatwave levels of hot?"

"Not quite, but you should definitely wear sunscreen."

"Hm. Beach weather."

"Yeah, Saturday on the beach!"

(Y/N) thought for a second. "That'd actually be really nice. Are you two free tomorrow?"

Kasu and Eiyuu looked at each other, then back at (Y/N).

"Sorry, dude, tomorrow's the only free day we have to spend with each other," Eiyuu apologized.

(Y/N) smiled. "It's alright. You guys enjoy the day together."

"Hey, if you go, we might see each other at the beach! Depends on how she's feeling tomorrow." Eiyuu poked Kasu's cheek.

Kasu scoffed. "Up to me? This guy barely knows how to swim."

"I can swim fine!"

(Y/N) put his hands out to stop them. "Enough, you two. You can bicker when I'm not here."

After he finished his food, (Y/N) went to pay the Nakanos a visit. Being one of the only tables with more than four people, it was always a happening place.

"Hi, [their own name for (Y/N)]," they all greeted him.

"Hello," he greeted back as he leaned on the table. "Anything happenin' over here?"

"Not much." Nino tried to shoo him away. "You can leave now."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure–"

"Hey, (L/N)-san!" Yotsuba interrupted Nino.

Nino buried her face in her hands, knowing what would come next.