CHAPTER 22

The chilly breeze lifted the hem of your shirt, sending goosebumps up your spine

“Well, well, well,” a man sneered while gripping a large stick in his hands. “If it isn't the infamous Michael Myers.”

People started to cage him in as you watched through wet lashes.

“We're gonna make sure that we kill you slowly and painfully,” another man said through gritted teeth.

Michael turned his head, scanning the entire crowd. It was a lot of people—probably more than 50—and it was going to be a bit of a challenge but he didn't step down, instead, he embraced it.

Unharmed, he walked forward, calculating
everyone's next move. He was speculating his next move until a bottle landed hard on his right shoulder. Of course, he felt no pain but someone still attacked him.

Turning around slowly, he gripped the man by the neck, squeezing tightly, but before he could do anything, three men attacked him from behind. Each with a stick, nails jutting out, as they struck him multiple times.

The jumpsuit began to stick to his bloody body as he stumbled. He grunted with each painful blow, feeling his flesh rip open.

Of course, you weren't just going to sit there and watch this spectacle take place so you rubbed your hands together, trying to break the tape. You twisted your hands but it didn't help. You tried everything. God, the movies made this look so easy. Grunting miserably, you attempted to free yourself again but to no avail.

While trying to save yourself, Michael over there fell to the floor. Thrusting his body upwards, he managed to lift himself up but to no avail as he was struck to the floor again. Grunting, every muscle in his body ached as nails and bottle pieces stuck out of his opened wounds.

Michael wasn't one to give up though. So he lifted himself up by his hands again and this time, a man came to stand way too close. Michael saw this as an opportunity and he swiped the man's legs from underneath him.

You flinched as you felt your hands being yanked up, only to see that it was Caitlyn who was opening you up with a knife.

Mason came forward and ripped the tape that covered your mouth.

“Oh my God. Fuck! Are you okay?” Caitlyn asked while she fumbled with your feet.

Gasping for air, you nodded. Your lips and throat were dry, drier than the Sahara desert as you helped yourself up.

“We need to save him. They're going to kill him!” you shrieked.

No. This looked all too familiar. This was like that scene from 'Halloween kills' but only this time, he might really die.

As he pulled the man to the floor, he removed a big nail that stuck out from his shoulders and drove it straight into the man's black eyes.

Michael made it to stand up but then a chain was thrown around his neck before a muscular woman, with big tattoos doodled on her arms and thighs, walked up to him, aiming to remove his mask.

He needed a weapon. Running forward but staying a little back, you hardened your jaw. No, enough playing soft.

“Mason, give me the knife!” you ordered.

There was so much anger laced in your tone that Mason actually flinched—probably nearly piss himself—as his shaking hands handed you the knife.

Walking with nothing but bravery, you plunged the knife into a few people as you tried to walk past the crowd.

A woman pulled you by the shirt and attempted to slap you but you held her hand midway, slapping that bitch so hard, she probably saw stars.

Still walking forward, you pushed your way passed people before you heard Mason shout on your left.

“Hey! Over here!” he shouted.

Once gaining everyone's attention, you walked forward and slipped the knife into Michael's hands.

Not just any knife. It was the same knife you had bought him. You had no idea how it ended up with Caitlyn but you were just glad.

However, the knife slip didn't go unnoticed. The tattooed lady looked you up and down while walking toward you. Staying your ground, you didn't move or even flinch as she confronted you.

“You wanna play, little girl?”

Little girl? Who the hell does she think she is?

She brought her hands up and when she was about to do whatever the hell she was about to do, a knife came through her neck from the back, making her gasp as blood poured from both her neck and mouth.

The lifeless body fell to the floor, revealing Michael standing behind her.

With his left hand, he held it to his right shoulder as he stared at you. Only blackness behind his eyes. He stepped forward, raising his knife at you.

He was unmoved as he raised the blade. Your eyes widened in shock and fear. Oh shit. Was he really pissed?

Unaffected, the blade sliced through the air as you closed your eyes and awaited his thrust.

And he did it.