CHAPTER 23

The knife came down and you flinched

The knife came down and you flinched. After a few moments, you opened your eyes and looked down at yourself, seeing that he hadn't stabbed you but he had stabbed someone behind you.

Smiling widely, you went up on your tippy-toes and lifted his mask, revealing his pick lips before you kissed him hard and passionately. He gripped you by the waist and pulled you in, deepening the kiss.

You felt him rub his cock on your stomach and you moaned. “Hmm, baby.”

Almost forgetting about the disgruntled crowd, Michael pushed you aside as he continued to slaughter the crowd. You watched as he stabbed people in the abdomen, some in the jaw, and a few in their spinal cord.

A man—in his late thirties— came forward with a hammer and attempted to knock him down but Michael was too smart as he held his hands midway. Twisting the man's wrist backward, he broke it, leaving the hand to jiggle in the air. He took the hammer and smashed the man's skull before whacking him in his dick with the hammer. The man screamed out while falling face flat on the ground.

“Where do we go from here?” Mason asked and you shrugged.

“We have to leave this town,” you answered.

Caitlyn agreed and you all waited for Michael to finish so you all could run away. Caitlyn's mum will probably disown her, Mason's dad will probably kill him, and your mom…well…I have no idea.

Michael turned around and glanced at you before walking forward. He stormed towards Mason but you put both of your hands out, stopping him.

“Michael, no. No killing,” you whispered but he still walked forward.

“Michael! No killing my friends. You can kill everyone else, just not my friends, okay!”

He tilted his head and took a step back.

“Does he know how to drive?” Mason asked, making Michael twist his head in his direction.

“Of course, he knows how to drive but he's not,” you answered.

“Let's take one of the vehicles. Mason, you drive okay.”

Mason nodded.

Caitlyn hit Mason on the head. “We need to arrive alive, okay?” she was definitely talking about his poor driving skills.

Did I forget to mention that he doesn't have a driving license?

With all the talking, a car stopped in front of you.

“Michael?” you whispered. He sat in the driver's seat. Yeah, it's either he's driving or no one's driving.

Stubborn Mikey.

You sat in the front seat with him while both of your friends sat in the backseat.

“Urgh, Where are we going?” Mason asked.

As expected, he got no answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Michael hit the brakes and the car came to a halt.

Looking out through the window, you realised that he stopped by a white-painted house.

Stepping out of the vehicle, you turned to face Michael who now stood by your side. “Is this your house?” you asked and instead of answering, he came forward, opened your hand, and placed something cold in it before striding towards the house.

“So, do we go in?” Caitlyn asked and you nodded.

While they made their way to the house, you opened your hands and found a silver ring, embellished with a red stone. It looked like a wedding ring but of course, to Michael, it was just jewelry. Don't worry. He wasn't proposing or anything.

Smiling widely, you made your way to the front door.

When you entered, you did not expect to see what you have just seen. The interior design was modern but cozy. A large set of couches posed in a semi-circle around a huge coffee table and a large tv sat mounted on the red-painted wall.

A few spider webs were decorating most of the furniture, while the rest were covered by dust and dead insects.

“Oookay,” Caitlyn sang out as she took her surroundings in.

You really thought that he had lived in an old, broken wooden house, with an old dirty mattress lying on the floor covered in cats pee, but this was…neat, to say the least.

“Dude, this is one of your victim's houses, isn't it?” Mason asked before dusting the couch and having a seat.

Michael twisted his head, regarding the boy before he grunted and walked to the kitchen.

You woke up and smiled at both of your friends before following him to the kitchen.

He banged his hands on the granite counter before lifting his head and staring at you.

“Hey,” you whispered.

You walked over and slowly grazed your fingers along his overalls before gesturing if you could take it out.

When he didn't stop you, you gently removed his overalls, wincing as you saw shards of glass sticking out of his gashes.

Slowly attempting to pull it out, you massaged his hands and before you knew it, you were removing nails and then started dressing his wound with what little bandages you found in the bathroom.

Once done, he brought you closer to him. You heard his heart drum in his chest and you weren't ready for what had happened next.

“Mmm,” vibrated in his throat.

Your eyes tore to his. “Yes?” you urged him to continue.

“Urh…,” his mouth opened.

“I…I,” he stuttered.

Your heart did a little dance as you awaited his next words.

“I…l—love y-you,” he managed to say, his cords tightening within his chest from the lack of speaking.

Your jaw dropped with the shock.

Feeling your own chest tighten, you had no idea what else to say.

“I—I love you too, Michael!” you shouted as you wrapped your arms around him.

He spoke! He actually spoke and his first words were directed to you.

Street fight, injuries, runaways, new house, first words…Can this day get any better?!