EPILOGUE

SIX WEEKS LATER

“Hey, Caity! Help me with this please,” you shouted as you attempted to remove the roast from the oven.

She came into the kitchen and put on her gloves, before pulling the tray out.

“Mason hasn't come home yet,” she mumbled.

You sighed. “Is he still helping that neighbor?” you asked.

Mason got a job and it's paying pretty well. He's helping the neighbor to build something in his backyard and he's really good at it.

Your mom sends you money and so does Caitlyn's. Mason's mom, however, is still furious and probably will never forgive him.

Well, so far, you three have been working together and have been paying the bills effortlessly. On occasion, your mom comes and visits and everything seems to be perfect. Well, except for one thing.

Michael Myers hasn't shown up and he probably never will. Who knows what's going to happen? He might have forgotten about you and is living his life peacefully without knowing where you disappeared, while going on his murder sprees or, he might know where you are but isn't going to be bothering you any time soon.

It's been really long and the only things you have of him are the memories. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

“Do you want me to pour the red wine?” She asked while preparing the salad.

“Of course. I'll prepare the table,” you murmured.

Caitlyn wiped her forehead, feigning boredom. “Well, we have to have the wine in plastic cups. Mason broke the last five wine glasses.”

You exhaled a long breath. “Gosh, that boy,” you grunted.

Once the table was settled, you sat beside Caitlyn. “Now how can we eat without him?”

“We can't, but then the food will go cold,” you whispered.

The wind howled and the trees danced outside the window.

“I'll give him a call,” you muttered.

Dialing his number, you waited for him to pick up, and Thank God that he did.

“Y/n, Why are you calling me? You know that I'm busy,” he shot out.

“Excuse me, Mr. But the food is getting cold and I don't think we can hold back any longer. The smell is making our stomach growl.”

“Oh yay! I'm hungry as hell. I'll be there just now!” he boomed before he cut the call.

Damn.

Caitlyn poked her fingers inside the mash, so you swatted her fingers away. “Stop poking your fingers in the food.”

“Well, I'm fucking hungry,” she grumbled.

You rolled your eyes. “Well, he'll be here in five,” you answered.

It was going eight in the night and finally, after five minutes exactly, there was a knock on the door.

“I'll get it,” you said while striding towards the door.

“Hi! I'm just in time,” Mason grinned while nudging you and entering.

Closing the door behind you, you all sat down and had dinner together.

Once done, You and Caitlyn forced Mason to wash the dishes.

Who said boys couldn't do chores?

Smiling sadly to yourself, you were hit with the memory of Michael again.

“I miss you so much, Mikey,” you whispered to yourself as you got in your bed.

“Hey, y/n! Are you sure you don't wanna watch this movie? It looks pretty interesting” Mason suggested but you weren't in the mood for a movie. Especially not sci-fi.

You were about to start your new job in three days so you relaxed all of your muscles.

The wind howled louder, causing the windows to bang, so you woke up and closed them. Closing your eyes, you covered yourself with the blanket, finally feeling warm and safe.

Until there was a noise in the closet which made your eyes pop open.

Wait, am I imagining things?

But again, there was a thump in the closet, before a hanger fell down.

Okay. I'm not imagining this.

Staying put, you clenched the blanket between your fingers.

“Hello? Is anybody there?”

No answer.

There was silence, so you closed your eyes, trying to calm every nerve in your body and when you opened them, the closet doors were opened.

But it was just clothes and hangers. No one else. Your breath caught in your throat and you were about to wake up to leave, but when you turned to your right, there, right next to you, stood a familiar man.

Tall and muscular, his mask shimmering in the dull light.

“Michael!” you shrieked before standing on the bed to be just in line with his face.

“You found us!” you shouted.

You wrapped your arms around him and left a kiss on his fake lips. He pulled out his mask, revealing his face and so you kissed him hard and passionately.

“I—I missed y…you,” he whispered, barely audible but you caught it.

“I missed you more!” you whimpered before jumping on him. He caught you and you wrapped your legs around his waist.

It felt good to feel him again.

He was always going to come back.

He is The Inevitable Michael Myers.

THE END.