Ch. 4

Reign woke up and immediately got up to get ready for the day. She only had one patient today and it was a friend of hers. She drew herself a bath, washed her hair and face, picked out an actual outfit instead of throwing on a kimono, and styled her hair into a neat low yet tight ponytail, and did her makeup. By the time she got done it had been two hours past the time she had woken up.

She dressed herself in a brown long sleeve shirt that was only to her collarbone and tight on her body. Her bottom half was a black skirt that went a ways past her belly button. The skirt wasn't too short on her so she didn't mind wearing it. Reign matched it with a pair of black boots and kept the jewelry to a minimum.

Reign walked downstairs and had light conversation with her maid before eating a light breakfast and reviewing her friends' chart that she had to see today. Hikaru Soma: 29 year old female, has one child and currently pregnant with another on the way, a monthly pregnancy checkup. Reign sighed and finished her breakfast after reviewing the chart and made some coffee since it was still a bit of time left until she needed to head out.

Once she finished her coffee, Reign checked the time and it was nearly eleven so she grabbed her doctors coat, put it on, grabbed her medical bag, and headed to Hikaru's home. She wasn't fond of having to go to people's home to give them a checkup but it was unavoidable sometimes and she didn't mind since Hikaru was her friend. She looked around the estate and saw that nobody was really out today. It was unusually quiet.

Reign got to Hikaru's house quite fast and Hikaru gave her usual style of greeting; bowing at ninety degrees and only coming up when she finished talking. Reign chuckled at her and Hikaru laughed as well, bringing Reign into the house and leading her into the bedroom where the checkups usually went.

Hikaru was six months pregnant and didn't want to know the gender of her baby until it was born. Reign hooked up the equipment for an ultrasound and put the gel on Hikaru's belly before moving it around with the ultrasound piece. Both of them looked at the screen and Reign moved the piece around until there was a good view of the baby's face. Hikaru smiled happily which made Reign a feel better than she did before she got here.

"So beautiful. I still can't believe I'm having another baby." Hikaru said dreamily. "Do you think I'll do well this time delivering Reign?"

Reign nodded and continued to move the piece around to make sure everything inside the womb was going as it needed to be. "You were in labor for three days but you did well. Your delivery went pretty fast as well. I think you'll do pretty well this time around too since Rei already laid out the ground for this baby."

She seemed comforted by that and didn't say anything more until the appointment ended. Reign wiped the gel off her stomach and the ultrasound equipment, putting it back where Hikaru had it last and grabbed her doctors bag, standing up and fixing herself.

"There doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary." she said looking at Hikaru. "If I had to say one thing it's simply that from comparing this pregnancy to your last one, this baby will be a bit bigger than Rei."

When Reign said the latter part Hikaru's expression changed to a panicked expression which made Reign hold up her hand, silencing her. "But that doesn't mean you need to stop eating or cut out some things from your life. Eat as you have. Each pregnancy is different and so is each child. Just eat more meat, vegetables, and fruit and try to lessen how much sweets you intake in a week."

Hikaru let out a sigh and stood up. "Thank you. That eased my mind. When's my next appointment?"

Reign looked at the calendar on the wall and thought it over. "A month from today. Let's try to lee the checkups consistent and then once you're further along we'll do about every two weeks to a week. That work for you?"