Ch. 15

Reign knocked on Kazuma's dojo and within a few seconds, he opened the door and Reign bowed her head. He did the same back and chuckled at her unusual bowing of the head that she never does when she meets him. Reign raised a brow when she heard him chuckle and scoffed, shoving past him playfully.

"Aren't you just as sweet as you were when you were younger?" he joked.

"I like to think I am." she threw back. "Don't you?"

He let out a laugh. "I may have to think about that."

Reign was going to say something back but the boys at the dojo started talking to her.

"What brings you here Reign?" one asked enthusiastically.

"Will you finally let master teach you at the dojo?"

Reign shook her head and laughed. "No no, I'm here to talk to him."

Kazuma walked past them and gestured for Reign to follow him. "Don't pester her too much guys. She only comes every blue moon."

Reign scoffed. "I do not! I try to come as often as I can!"

"Yeah, yeah, keep telling yourself that Reign." he teased. "What exactly did you want to talk to me about?" he asked, walking into his office.

Reign calmed herself before speaking. "I want to talk to you about Isuzu."

Kazuma turned to face her and put his arms in his sleeves. "What about Isuzu?"

"She recently had a bad breakdown and now she's back in the hospital. I'm watching over as a guardian and doctor right now but she will need somewhere to go once I release her after she's gained some weight and her injury has healed. She needs to be around people who can make her feel comfortable and bring her out of her comfort zone."

"So you want to bring her here." he finished.

Reign nodded. "She's drained emotionally and physically. Being here would do some good. I talked with her a few days ago and she said she would like to come here and visit me on occasion but she wanted to know how you'd feel about it."

Kazuma smiled and walked to the window, watching the people outside of it practice the basic moves to martial arts.

"I'd be more than happy to have her stay here. She's been around me since Kyo and the rest were kids."

She smiled and clasped her hands together. "Great! I feel much better getting that off of my shoulders now. She would like you to come visit her personally and tell her your decision. I think it's better if she hears it from you instead of me."

"It's a wonder you got all of that out of her." he commented softly. "You truly are the one zodiac that everyone can lean upon."

"I wouldn't say-"

"Take my compliment." he chuckled. "I mean it. You're loved by many and are selfless despite what others say about you."

Reign smirked. "Why so suddenly? Do you know something about me that I don't?"

"Perhaps but I'll wait until you want to tell me to voice my opinion on it." he shrugged off.

Reign smacked her lips and opened the door to the his office. "You are truly like my father. It's no wonder you two are friends."

Kazuma smiled at her. "Don't wait so long to visit me next time. I'll go looking for you myself."

"I won't. Tell everyone I said hello." she said before closing the door behind her.

*

The conversation that Reign had been meaning to have with Hatori finally came about. She had been putting it off because she wasn't so sure as to how he would react but she didn't want to wait any longer. Reign put her hair into a tight bun at the back of her head and put a pink flower hairpin in her bun, leaving her bangs to frame her face and put on a black kimono that had pink flowers on it and gold lining inside of it.