Ch. 22

5 Years Later
-

Over the past five years, Reign and Hatori lived a quiet yet busy life in Busan, South Korea. They got married before moving to Korea and had a small ceremony for only close friends and family. Both of them worked at the same hospital and often worked the same shifts. That was the case until Reign became pregnant with twins after a heartbreaking miscarriage. The twins were identical and though they resembled each other, they also resembled their parents.

The eldest twin was named Hyejin and she favored Reign while the younger twin, by eight minutes, was named Hyerin and favored Hatori. Both twins took after Reign when it came to being social but they could easily switch to being cold like Hatori.

Reign's parents would often watch the twins when Hatori and Reign both had to work on the same day. The two had moved out to South Korea a year after Reign and Hatori did and it seemed as if they never left. They had many friends they had to catch up with since they had been away for nearly three decades. The two of them opened a small and cozy restaurant that had a mixture of Japanese and Korean cuisine. It did well for its sudden arrival on the market and that was enough for them.

After they opened the restaurant and business was proven to do well, Reign let go of her worries about her parents and focused on her family. The twins were now three and very hyperactive. They loved to do anything that involved them to be active. They didn't like sitting and learning unless one slowly brought them into it. Reign and Hatori were happy that they could grow up smiling and laughing unlike how they did.

Now, the two were spending their day off with the kids. Reign had the diaper bag that contained wipes, snacks, a change of clothes, juice, a blanket, and toys while Hatori pushed them in the stroller. It was a family outing before meeting with Reign's parents at the restaurant to have an early dinner. They stopped by a park where other kids were with their parents playing so the kids wouldn't be too lonely.

Hyerin only went after begging her father with her blank face. "아버지 저는 스윙에서 놀고 싶어요." (Father, I want to swing.)

Hatori caved eventually and took both Hyerin and Hyejin to the swings. Both twins had soft smiles on their faces as Hatori pushed them back and forth on the swing. Reign watched the three of them happily for a bit before pulling out a picnic blanket and rolling it out flat and setting up the kids drinks, toys, and snacks. After she finished that, she locked the stroller so it wouldn't roll anywhere and put the bag in it.

When she turned her head to look back at the Hatori and the kids they had moved to the slide. Hatori stood at the bottom of it while Hyejin and Hyerin took turns going down it. A few kids came over to play with them so Hatori stood from afar to watch them interact with others. Reign was bored and was going to pull out her phone to read a book but a woman had sat beside her.

"안녕하세요." she greeted warmly. "제가 강요하지 않았으면 좋겠어요." (Hello. I hope I'm not imposing.)

Reign smiled and waved her hand. "아니요. 안녕하세요." (No. Hello.)

"저는 김 소희입니다. 당신의 이름은?" (I'm Kim Sohee. What's your name?)

"모 요지입니다. 반갑습니다." (Mo Yoji. Nice to meet you.)

The woman pondered for a moment. "아무렇지 않게 말하자. 쉬는 게 나아." (Let's speak casually. Better to be relaxed.)