Ch. 13

"Ahh so this is her family's bookstore," Reign said as she shut the car door. "It's small and quiet, I like it."

Hatori shut his door as well and locked the car. "I like it as well. They have good books here too."

Reign walked around the car and walked with Hatori who was waiting for her. "Do they? I should come here often then."

The two of them walked into the store and saw Mayuko sitting at the desk. She appeared to be going through an old box but once she heard the bell on the door ring she looked up and saw the two of them. She stood up instantly and smiled.

"What are you two doing here?" she asked, walking towards them.

Reign smiled. "Shigure said he has a book that needs to be picked up. Is it in yet?"

Mayuko shook her head no. "It won't be in till tomorrow."

"Well, in that case, sorry for bothering you." Hatori spoke up. "We'll be back tomorrow. Can we browse through the books?"

"Sure! And about the book, I'll send it to your house so you won't have to make the trip of coming here tomorrow!" she offered.

"No," Reign rejected. "We'll be back tomorrow to pick it up. There's no need to go through the trouble of sending it to us."

After she said that, Hatori went off to browse through the books and Reign did the same. He was on one side of the store and she was on the other. Several of the books caught Reign's eye but the description sounded similar to books she had already once read. On her side of the bookstore, she only found two books that she'd like to read and went to where Hatori was. He hadn't yet picked out one and was going through them calmly with one hand in his pocket and a soft smile on his face.

"What has you so happy?" she asked, walking towards him.

"It just has been awhile since I've been to a bookstore. Quite different from our usual routine isn't it?"

Reign chuckled softly. "You're right. You'll be busy tomorrow won't you?"

He nodded. "I'll trouble you tomorrow then."

"I guess you will."

"Have you told your parents about me coming to dinner?" he asked, looking at her as he spoke.

Reign shook her head no. "I haven't told them and planned on doing it over the phone since I won't have time to see them today. I'm sure they'll be happy all the same."

"Will they?" Hatori asked, his tone of voice full of sarcasm.

Reign smacked his arm and he chuckled. "I think you're hanging around Shigure too often. He's rubbing off."

Hatori walked past her and patted her head as he moved along in the bookstore. "Let's go check these out and tell them."

She smiled and walked alongside him as they checked the books out. Reign tapped his shoulder and motioned for him to tilt his head down.

"Go to the car. I'll deal with this here." she whispered.

He raised a brow. "Why?"

"I want to talk to Mayuko. Please go."

Hatori sighed yet listened to her anyway.

"I'll be leaving first. Nice to see you Mayuko." he said, saying his goodbyes.

"Yeah, nice to see you too Hatori." she responded, smiling somewhat fondly at him.

Reign dismissed it and waited patiently for Mayuko to bag her books so she could leave.