Ch. 9

Reign drank a cup of coffee as she went through her patients charts. She didn't have any appointments on the list but she still felt like she could study more about them so she'd know more when they asked a question about doing or taking something for their body. She went through Hikaru's chart first and looked at what date she scheduled her next checkup to be which was in two weeks since she was getting closer and closer to having the baby. She was the only patient on Reign's list that actually needed to be checked up often.

As Reign was going through her charts, a knock came about her door. She looked up and saw that her maid was already at the door and opened it. It was Hatori dressed in his usual fashion she smiled and stood up and walked towards him as the maid shut the door and headed to the kitchen where Reign once was.

Hatori kissed her forehead gently before taking a look at her outfit. It was.. different from the usual to say the least.

"This isn't what you usually wear nor does it scream Japanese clothing. What is it?" he asked, still taking it in.

Reign put her hands on her hips. "It's a modern hanbok. Mom and father got it for me when they were in Korea. It's shorter and less puffier than the usual hanbok but I like it."

"What does the usual one look like?" he asked curiously.

"I think my mom has a few in her closet. I'll show you when we meet them formally. Anyways," she changed topics. "What are you here for?"

He stopped walking once he came to stand right in front of Reign. "Shigure called me and said that Tohru has a fever. I thought you'd want to come see her and perhaps treat her. Are you coming?"

Reign nodded. "Let's not make her wait. She is sick after all."

*

Reign checked Tohru's temperature and it was up just a bit more than the usual human body temperature. She pushed her hair back and used her stethoscope to check how her heart and lungs sounded when she breathed. Everything sounded well so she smiled at a worried Kisa.

"Everything's fine." she said which made Tohru relax. "Just take a nice rest today and see if you feel better within the next day or two. Hatori will give you a shot just to help everything."

Kisa gasped and held Tohru's hand as she looked at Reign. "But shots are painful though! Won't it hurt?"

Reign patted Kisa's head. "It won't hurt. Just a little pinch and that's all she'll feel."

Reign moved out of the way so Hatori could give the shot which he had to do with some distractions thanks to Momiji and Shigure. Once Hatori finished the shot, the two of them headed downstairs. Reign sat by Haru and Hatori sat next to Shigure. Kyo was in the kitchen making something but no one was particularly interested.

"When did she get sick?" Reign asked, moving her hair out of her face.

"I guess she was so stressed about making up her failed exams that she made herself sick." Shigure said, propping his chin on his finger.

Reign sighed. "Well it isn't a bad cold. Some rest, water, and food soothing to the throat will help."

"Why didn't you ask me if I was sick?" Haru interjected. "What if I was sick?"

Reign turned and ruffled his head. "But you're not."

He let out a groan before wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "But if I was?"