Ch. 8

"How's the baby?" asked Hikaru, a soft smile on a her face as she looked at Reign.

Reign moved her hair out of her face. "They're doing well. Bigger than before which is good, moving a bit more now, and growing at a steady rate. Have you been watching what you eat like I told you?"

Hikaru nodded. "I've cut down on satisfying my cravings just so I can enjoy them while I'm at the end of my pregnancy. Is that good?"

She smiled. "By the end of your pregnancy I do hope to see you giving into your cravings. It's best that you and the baby are happy but as of right now, I need you both to be happy and healthy."

"Can I still exercise? I am seven months now."

"Of course. Don't do anything too intense. A light jog or even just walking around your neighborhood or on a treadmill." Reign informed Hikaru.

Hikaru nodded and Reign stood up, packing up her supplies while Hikaru wiped the gel off of her belly. Once both of them were done, Hikaru walked Reign through the house until she saw her daughter. Reign smiled and gestured for Hikaru's daughter to come to her. She did so happily and Reign caught her and hugged her tightly.

"I didn't get to see you last time." Reign whined, smiling at Rei.

Rei played with Reign's hair for a bit before responding. "Can I go with you? I want to play with the other kids?"

Reign chuckled. "They won't be coming over for another two weeks. I'll come and get you then."

Rei nodded and gestured for Reign to put her down which she did. Reign bowed to Yuta who walked over to her and gave her a piece of cake that he'd gotten from the store.

"Thank you for coming all the way here again." he thanked. "I'm sure you're busy."

Reign shook her head and refused the cake slice. "I'm trying to stay away from sweets as well. Thank you though Yuta. Life has been a bit slow for me these days. I feel more relaxed now and not as on edge."

Hikaru gasped. "Are you perhaps seeing someone?"

Reign lied to Hikaru and Yuta and denied it. "No I am not. My parents want me to though especially since I'm getting older now."

"I understand." Yuta comforted. "That's how my parents were but I'm glad they did or else I wouldn't have the family I have now."

Hikaru smiled at him and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder. Reign smiled at the two and gave one last look to Rei who was playing with toys on the floor before leaving. Reign sighed after leaving since she knew she had to go visit Akito. She didn't want to see Akito especially after what happened between the two of them last time. Reign was informed earlier in the day that she had to go visit Akito by Akito's head maid. 

Reign disliked her very much due to her rudeness when talking to someone who was under Akito. She believed that Akito did no wrong and everyone wronged Akito instead which rubbed Reign the wrong way. Ever since they were children she had always been like that. Reign never said anything when they were children but as she got older she got more outspoken which the head maid didn't like so she always treated Reign slightly different from everyone else.

She reached Akito's residence and took a deep breath before entering. Reign hated going there every time she was summoned and she was summoned very often. Reign entered and didn't even bother to greet the maids who roamed the residence since they more than likely wouldn't greet her back. Reign opened the door to the room that Akito was usually in but Akito wasn't there. If Akito wasn't in that room then Akito must be outside. Reign walked a few of the halls and soon found Akito sitting on the deck of the house and looking at the lawn, admiring it almost.