Ch. 10

"엄마 어디 계세요?" Reign called as she entered her parents home. (Mom, where are you?)

"나는 부엌에 있어!" she called back. (I'm in the kitchen!)

"알겠어!" Reign responded, heading to the kitchen. (Ok!)

As she walked in, she saw her mom preparing ingredients for what looked like jjamppong. Reign walked up to her and kissed her cheek before standing next to her.

"아빠는 어디 계세요?" she asked, watching her prep the mussels and squid. (Where's dad?)

"그는 시구레와 하토리의 아버지와 함께 있다. 그들이 가끔 어떻게 만나는 걸 좋아하는지 알잖아." she said, a smile appearing on her face. (He's with Shigure and Hatori's fathers. You know how they like to meet up from time to time.)

Reign chuckled softly. "I can't believe they still do that even now."

Her mom looked at her with a smile. "당연하지. 너희 아이들이 친구가 되었을 때 우리도 알게 되었고 거기서부터 알게 되었다." (Of course. When you kids became friends we also became acquainted.)

"Anyway," Reign sighed. "Why are you suddenly making jjamppong?"

"Well, you're dad said he wanted to eat some recently and I know you also like it. Two birds, one stone." she lamented simply.

"What if I say I won't eat?"

Her mom glared at her. "Go wash the rice and put it in the rice cooker."

"알겠습니다 어머니." she replied back, walking away quickly before her mom could hit her at the sudden formal language she used with her. (Ok, mother.)

Reign poured rice into the bowl until it was halfway full before washing it until the water came clean. Once she was done washing it, she filled it with more water and put it into the rice cooker and let it cook before asking her mom a question.

"Do you know someone by the name of Tohru Honda? Or have you heard of her name any time recently?" she asked, walking over to her mom.

"Not that I know of. Why?"

Reign sighed. "That's surprising. She knows our family secret about us being zodiacs but Akito hasn't given the order to erase her memories. She lives with Shigure, Yuki, and Kyo too."

"That's odd. Shigure is ok with that?"

Reign rolled her eyes. "Of course he is. He thoroughly enjoys it since he gets breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooked for him and the house cleaned. That was the offer for her to move in."

"What about Hatori and Ayame? You as well?" she asked further.

"I wasn't fond of the idea of her staying there nor am I happy about her knowing our secret but I can't do anything and I won't resent her for it. I just don't accept her so easily like everyone else does and I don't want to either. Hatori keeps her at arms length and Ayame is, well, Ayame. He welcomes anyone with open arms until they've proven otherwise."

Her mom chuckled. "Does she know what spirit you all are?"

"No. Well, she doesn't know which one me, Hiro, Kureno, and Isuzu are but she does know Kisa, Haru, Hatori, Shigure, Yuki, Kyo, Kagura, and Ritsu."

"Good." her mom said plainly. "She may try to take away my little fox."

Reign hugged her from behind. "No one will take me away. You and dad would probably throw a fit if that happened."

Her mom chuckled. "I'd do more than that if someone took my fox away."

*

Reign approached her home after leaving her parents after dinner and saw Kureno on her doorstep. Reign sighed and walked towards him. He didn't look like anything had happened to him and the expression on his face was quite plain, as usual.