Ch. 5

Reign put her stethoscope into her doctors bag and took her gloves off. "He's perfectly healthy. I believe he just has a sore throat so make sure he drinks warm water and take some medicine if his throat continues to hurt." she said to his mom.

His mom brightened. "Thank you. He just kept saying that his throat was hurting so I thought it may develop into something more serious."

Reign smiled. "That can happen if it's not treated early. Some warm water and medicine soothing to the throat will help a lot."

She rose and nodded her head at Reign before beckoning for her son to follow.

"Have a nice day." Reign called to them.

She turned around. "You too doctor!"

Reign turned and began to put her materials back into her doctors bag before closing it shut. She left Hatori's office and joined him and Shigure in the living room. Reign sat across from Shigure who was sitting beside Hatori.

"Done?" Shigure asked as she sat down.

She nodded. "It was minor. Nothing serious."

He smiled. "Good."

"Anyways, what are you two talking about?" she asked, pouring herself a cup of tea.

"I'm thinking about taking an impromptu trip." Shigure answered. "Thinking about taking Yuki, Tohru, and Kyo as well. How does it sound?"

Reign lifted the tea cup and furrowed her brows. "Why so suddenly?"

"That's what I want to know." Hatori commented, warming his hands.

"Ahh it's just a thought you two." he defended, making the two of them more suspicious. "Shall we change the subject?" Shigure laughed awkwardly. "I know! Should we go out drinking again? Let's see who'll get drunk the fastest!"

"Count me out." Reign disagreed, raising her hand. "I hate taking care of you when you get drunk. Besides, I'll only sip something in order to feel a little buzz but I don't like getting drunk."

"Aww come on Reign!" he whined. "We've got to see you get drunk at least once! You too doc!"

Hatori sighed. "What's the fun in getting drunk? You just wake up with a hangover the next day."

"You two are no fun." Shigure pouted.

Reign giggled. "It's not like you get drunk anyway. Ayame doesn't either since he knows when to stop. We're not exactly the best people to get drunk with."

Shigure continued on multiple other topics that he wanted to discuss with them and Reign listened as she usually did and commented here and there.

She debated speaking as Hatori began the next conversation. It was nearly impossible for her to do what she wanted to do but she still thought she should tell them all the same. Reign had already somewhat knew what the outcome of the situation would be but felt the need to get it off her chest.

She bit her lip before speaking. "I'm thinking about going to South Korea."

The suddenness of the news made the two of them freeze.

Hatori put his cup down and crossed his arms. "Why? I know that's your home country but you don't have any memory of being there. An indirect attachment?"

She glared at him and Shigure mediated. "Now now doc, there's no need to get feisty. But why so suddenly?"

Reign put her cup down as well and sighed. "My parents go there so often as if they miss being there and it makes me want to go as well. I also don't get to embrace that part of myself often either. It's all about Japanese customs and culture here so no one tries to tailor to me and my mom. I wouldn't be gone long; just about three months?"