Ch. 6

"Do you want tea or any-" Hatori asked Reign as she entered.

She shook her head and went into his bedroom and laid on the bed. It obviously felt different from her own but in a good way. His scent filled the room and she enjoyed it; it was relaxing to her. Reign looked at the stand beside his bed and saw some books that she'd seen him reading in the previous months. She was already interested in one of them so didn't hesitate to pick it up and start reading it. Reign sat up in the bed and propped a pillow up so her back wouldn't hurt.

Hatori peeked inside and saw her making his bed into her own and let out a soft chuckle before shutting the door as he walked in. He had his hands in his pocket as he walked towards Reign. The display in front  of him was something he never imagined he'd see. Hatori never thought he'd see Reign in his bed. It made him want to laugh. He got onto the bed and sat across from Reign, watching her as she read, unbothered by his presence.

"You're not going to pick one up yourself?" Reign asked, peeking up from the book.

He sighed. "I've read all of those that's on that stand. I don't think I have any other ones to read."

Reign grabbed a book from the stand. "Reread one. You've had to miss some information on the first read."

He smiled and took it from her. "Perhaps you're right."

She looked up from her book as he settled into reading his and noticed something. Though they both did say they would try to make this relationship work, they weren't making any progress. There never came a time when one of them would lay on the other, one would hug them from behind or even just wrap their arms around the other. Physical touch wasn't used much in their relationship, it was more so words but Reign didn't want that. Actions mattered just as much as words did to her, if not more.

"Don't you want to lay on me?" Reign asked curiously.

Hatori looked up from the book and gave a small grin. "I was waiting for you to say something."

She pouted. "If you wanted to you could've just done it or asked."

He moved to the side of her and laid his head on her legs, making himself comfortable but not so comfortable that Reign would end up needing to move her legs to adjust.

"I was waiting for a reaction like this." he countered.

She clicked her tongue. "How old are we to be wanting a reaction?"

"Let's read the books." he chuckled, making Reign relax and smile.

They read the books for a while in silence but it was a comfortable silence. It wasn't like the usual silence that went on in the office as they worked, it was a intimate silence. A silence that brought the two closer in terms of a romantic relationship.

Reign tried to continue reading but her eyes felt heavy. Maybe the exhaustion from crying so much had finally got to her. She tried to fight it but it was no use. Reign closed the book and laid it back where she had found it before going to sleep. Hatori didn't notice she was sleep until he suddenly didn't hear a book page flipping anymore coming from Reign.

He got up and grabbed one of the blankets that he kept in his closet and put it over her, just enough to cover half of her torso. Hatori didn't continue reading the book, instead he grabbed himself a beer out of his refrigerator and began to drink it. It was rare for him to do so, drinking by himself. The more he drank the more intrusive thoughts came to his mind; about his past with Kana and how that would suddenly turn the same way with his relationship with Reign.

The relationship he has with Reign doesn't compare to the one he had with Kana. Having a romantic relationship with Kana was like finding the lottery ticket. He didn't expect it and surely didn't know how to react to it. Hatori was genuinely happy with Kana, a happiness that will differ from his happiness with Reign.