His Trust

Akshara walked into the office, dressed sleek in a black office dress, her hair styled and blow dried in loose curls and her signature jimmy choo shoes shining on her feet. Walking in, she noted that a large number of people had gathered in the meeting room with someone in the centre raising their hands up and down as if they were exclaiming a point.

Akshara raised an eyebrow, interesting.

What caught her attention even more, however, was the man who sat across from this individual.

Abhimanyu.

He looked tired, she noted straight away.

Worn out almost.

Had he even gone home last night? He was freshly dressed in a new suit and his hair looked immaculate indicating he had changed. But one thing she had noted about him over the last couple of weeks was that he was a complete workaholic.

He would get an hour of sleep, gym, shower, and return the next day as if he hadn't spent his entire night working.

She bit her lip, if she wasn't so forced on her plan she'd admire him.

But no, that was not possible.

Turning his head around as if feeling her gaze on him, Abhimanyu looked up at through the transparent door and met Akshara's eyes.

Akshara took a sharp breath.

Warm, honey-coloured. The rush she felt every time she met them.

He sighed, breaking their exchange, and signaled her to come into the room.

Interesting. What was going on?

She walked in cool, calm, and confidently as she felt everyone at the office look back at her. Turning to face the woman she had noted in the window before, she knew it would be instant trouble.

Sasha.

Abhimanyu's secretary and the one person who could not stand Akshara. From the interview interruption to her time in the office, Sasha and her posse had been the only individuals that had not warmed to her presence. Akshara had ignored it, knowing well that it was not worth her focusing her attention on. However, she was not oblivious to Sasha's dislike of her.

It was painfully obvious. That Sasha was in love with Abhimanyu.

And in return painfully obvious, that Abhimanyu did not care for it.

So it was only natural that Sasha's hatred towards Akshara would grow.

Akshara pitied her. Akshara was fiercely loyal by nature and wished to always encourage other women. So witnessing one put another down, broke her heart.

Sighing, she realised she had to deal with it today.

"You" Sasha exclaimed as soon as Akshara walked in. She crossed her arms and looked angrily at her.

Akshara didn't raise a word but instead raised her eyebrow at her, what do you want?

"I've revealed your truth," Sasha said smirking.

Akshara froze.

The truth?

How had Sasha uncovered her truth?

No, she simply was not that smart.

Stay calm Akshara, she thought to herself. She believed in her own skills more than someone like Sasha uncovering her plan.

"Truth?" Akshara asked calmly, confident as ever. The crowd in the office watched on and Abhimanyu covered his eyes with his fingers as if trying to block out the major headache he was getting.