Moving forward

A month later, Akshara and Abhimanyu found themselves hand in hand at the temple. Dressed in a beautiful orange salwar kameez and Abhimanyu similarly in an orange kurta, they both looked like they were made for each other as they were.

They had made a promise to each other.

And to their faith.

That they would go to the temple as often as possible.

To light a diya for their past.

And to pray for the life they had upcoming.

They were both healing.

Funnily enough, Abhimanyu did not pray for himself but he prayed for Akshara. And Akshara did not pray herself but she prayed for Abhimanyu.

A love that was so pure that it made the rest of the world melt.

After the prayers and paying their respect to the goddesses, they chatted busily amongst themselves. Akshara chided Abhimanyu as he pulled her to kiss her on the cheek, blushing deeply.

"Abhi.." she giggled, "not here... we are at the temple"

And as they reached the end of the stairs down the temple, Akshara spotted a figure deep in the distance and she quietened.

Biting her lip, she began to toil with her dupatta. This was what she had been waiting for the whole day.

She had done something on the basis of her instinct.

She had no idea how he would react.

She had acted on a whim now that enough time had passed.

Abhimanyu noticed her nervous tendencies immediately, he gripped her hand tighter turning her around to face him.

Cupping her face he leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to her forehead, "jaan...." he waited his eyes staring at her for pure love.

Akshara closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"Please don't hate me okay... but this is important..."

"Huh?" Abhimanyu stared at her confused.

And Akshara sighed, turning around and pointing in the direction ahead of them.

His eyes searched the crowd for what she was pointing at until they finally stopped. His breath hitched in his throat and suddenly the world stopped. No way.

His knees gave out as the figure in the crowd began to make their way toward him.

The figure was even more nervous than he was, tears had already formed in their eyes.

Reaching forward so that they were now both face to face.

Akshara stayed behind as she watched onward, her own eyes filling with tears.

Abhimanyu trembled as he stared at the figure in the face, how many years had it been?

"P-papa" he trembled, his heart giving out, his entire body shaking.

And instantly, Harshvardan burst into a series of tears when he heard the words papa, his entire being shaking.

"Abhi - Abhi I am so so sorry beta... I am so sorry... so so sorry... " Harshvardan whispered and Akshara watched an uncontrollable teary mess. Harshvardan was almost on his knees.

Abhimanyu shook his head, although he could not ever see himself repeating his father's actions and no matter the distance that existed between them. He somewhere understood now.. now that he was in love.

And in all honesty, he wanted to move on.

"Papa..." he said again, leaning in and bringing the old man into a hug.

An embrace that both of them didn't think they needed.

And Abhimanyu faced a tearful Akshara, mouthing "thank you" to her from a distance as she watched, her happy tears radiating from her face.

Did anyone expect that??

Anyways, one more chapter and an epilogue left. 

Come connect with me on twitter - my ID is  _nihaaa

Hope you are all having a lovely day/night!

N x