Love

The rest of the night was a memory they would hold on to forever. Akshara cuddled up in his arms as they kept each other warm alongside the fire, as it turned into a cold night outside.

Every now and then Akshara would look up at him and then down below again.

Abhimanyu caught her look a couple of times.

He noticed the tinge of pink on her cheeks, the blush.

Iridescent in the light of the flames.

When he saw her shying on him one more time, sitting in his lap, his patience snapped. He caught her fingers, bringing them up to his lips as he pressed warm kisses on them.

"Akshara... what is it?" he whispered slowly, putting his fingertips below her chin and causing her to directly look up at him.

Eye to eye.

Akshara blushed deeply.

She could not believe she was shy.

"I-I can not believe it's you... it's really you" she whispered tears welling up in her eyes again. "And I am here... in your arms... I am not dreaming am I Abhi?"

Abhimanyu's eyes softened.

His heart beating strongly.

His Akshara.

"Akshara.." he whispered, watching a teardrop slide down her cheek as he leaned forward to press a kiss on it, "or should I say... meri golu", eliciting a chuckle from her.

"I can not believe it either... you came like a dream" he whispered, running his fingers over the bracelet that lay on her hands... "life seems to be complete again"

Akshara smiled at him brightly, leaning down and pressing a kiss on his heart. Her safe place.

"You said you would be back" she reminded him, thinking back to their last meeting as children before he went to boarding school.

"Of course, I will be back, I promise"

They both looked at each other smiling, cherishing the special feeling as the memory ran through both their minds.

"Sorry" Abhimanyu whispered and Akshara looked at him confused, she thought they had left all the apologising to the past.. "aane mein thodi der ho gayi.."

They both heard the tipper-tapper of the rain outside and stared silently at each other.

Akshara pushed herself on him with so much force, enveloping him in a soul-crushing hug as she felt her tears come out like a waterfall.

"Koi baat nahi..." she whispered, closing her eyes shut tight as she ran her hands all over his back. Hugging each other so closely that not even air could come in between them. "You came at last"

And Abhimanyu wrapped his arms around her tightly.

Oh little love.

How deeply he wanted to protect her from everything she had ever endured.

Taking in a deep breath, he took in her scent.

He had not said the words yet.

It seemed so far they did not need to see it.

They both conveyed it through actions.

But he could not wait any longer.

He had to let her know.

If he had learned anything with time, it was that you should not wait. And after all the time he and Akshara had lost, he wanted everything to be in the open.

Separating apart, he ran her hands through her hair, picking up his button-down shirt from the side and wrapping it around her so she would remain warm. Then he pressed a deep kiss to her forehead eliciting a sigh of contentment from her.

"Akshara..." he whispered, staring at her right in the eye. "You must know... I know you must already know the state of my heart... but if you don't, it beats only for you... I love you... I love you so much" he told her honestly.

And Akshara looked at him with so much love right back, her eyes glistening with tears.

She picked up his arm and placed his hand over her heart so he could hear it beat.

Da dum

Da dum

"You have turned me into a tearful mess," she told him, eliciting a chuckle from him as she tried to lighten the mood.

And then her eyes softened.

Staring at him deeply in his eyes, she sat up on her knees so she could be of similar height to him and then she cupped his face.

Leaning in, she pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"I love you... I have always loved you... and my entire life... I will only love you" she pledged honestly, as she looked into his eyes that were now watering.

And then he crushed him to her, pressing a deep kiss to her lips and then slowly peppering them to her chin. And then her neck. And then her collarbone. Eliciting soft moans from Akshara.

"Abhi baby..." Akshara whispered softly, biting her lip to control the moans awaiting her lips.

"Hmmm" Abhimanyu whispered busy in his own assault.

"I love you... but I'm going to burst if you don't quit this foreplay and show me how much..." she complained, her desires consuming her.

Abhimanyu let out a growl, that he could do.

He got up and picked her up bridal style in one go eliciting giggles from Akshara as she picked up on his own need and restlessness.

Heading straight to bed for the night that awaited them.

So much had happened.

But one thing had remained.

They were each others.

Like always.

Alright Alright, I probably need to slow down on the speed by which I am updating lol.. only 6 chapters left now!

Regarding a new story... actually, I am a medical student and currently on break so had lots of time to write. Don't think I will get much time when classes start again. But will let you know if I create anything again!

<3 

N x