Waiting

Akshara had come to work every day since Abhimanyu had left, wishing to catch a glimpse of him every single day. And every single day, she would go home heartbroken at knowing that he had not returned.

And on top of it all, he had gone completely radio-silent as well.

She knew he was busy with work. No doubt the company had taken a big hit, the ever-so-reputable Birla Enterprise was being questioned for the first time. Investors questioning their longevity and ability to sustain the loss.

Akshara knew she would feel no relief even though it was a supposed 'victory' in her plan. But she didn't know she would feel this bad. Waking had become difficult. All she wanted was to be there for him.

It felt like her entire life was on hold, just every day lifelessly gaping at the door waiting for him to walk in.

Like a breath that she was holding on to.

Her guilt increased every day.

She'd tried to take sleeping tablets to go to bed but even then she slept a couple of hours before waking up.

"Abhi.... please" she trembled.

And when she closed her eyes, all she could remember was that night she had slept at his place. Him holding her tight, pressing kisses down her face. His stubble, his hold, his touch, and his beautiful sunlight eyes.

***

Finishing another day, Akshara sighed packing up her stuff and gripping onto her bag that was hanging over her shoulder. Saying bye to some of her colleagues, she pulled her red cardigan over herself and took the elevator to the ground floor.

Walking out of the large building, she took a large breath of Mumbai's air.

Another day. Another day without you Abhi.

She sighed and focused on the walkway ahead of her.

She stopped at the crossroad ahead and adjusted her cardigan tightly around her as she felt a gust of wind brush against her. Stopping, she steadied her frail self. She had lost a considerable amount of weight given that she had not eaten properly since that day and she constantly felt herself in a state of weakness.

Gulping, she focused on the way ahead of her.

But then she stopped. Her eyes focused in the distance.

She blinked her eyes.

Gasping, she focused on the figure that was on the other side.

She rubbed her eyes.

No, it couldn't be. Was her mind playing tricks again? It had a tendency to do that to her.

She peered over and over again, her eyes glued.

No, it was clear as day.

Standing on the other side of the crossroad was her heart.

He was wearing his signature white collared shirt and pants with a blazer on top, deep in discussion on the phone with Charles, his chauffeur, standing with his car next to him. She could practically inhale his musky scent all the way from here.

"ABHI... ABHI" she yelled excitedly like a little kid waving her arms, not being able to contain herself. But Mumbai traffic coupled with his discussion over the phone made it significantly difficult for him to hear her.

"ABHI" she yelled again, frowning when he didn't see her. And all of a sudden desperation fell over her. When had he returned? Why had he not called her? Why had he not seen her?

Her feet picked up their pace before she could tell.

Sooner. She had to get there sooner.

Abhimanyu busy on the phone also started to walk to the cross-road busy in his phone conversation.

Akshara watched excitedly, they would be reunited soon.

But her vision was sharp and from the periphery of her eye, she observed a car deep in traffic.

This car was different.

It wasn't driving with the flow of Mumbai Traffic.

No, they were out to get one person.

Swerving through the traffic, they took off in the direction of the crossroads.

Her breath hitched as she noticed their target.

Abhi.

No.

"ABHIMANYU" she yelled, like a mad woman, with all her might.

Please. Please. She prayed her feet jolting from the ground.

But he could not hear her.

No.

No.

No.

Nothing would happen to him.

Akshara watched the car get closer to him and felt her entire life give out. She ran faster. And faster. Trying to get there in lightening them.

Spreading her arms as she reached closer to him, she gave him a hard push.

And all of a sudden.

A loud noise.

Thud.

And then.

Pitch black.

"AKSHARA" was the last thing she heard before she lost consciousness.

Working round the clock for these updates now so leave a comment! Balancing work and study so will get back to you all soon <3

Also, did you expect that?

P.S. Today was the first day I did not run to Twitter, lol. I have completely ignored all updates from the show. Sukoon! lmao

N x