Loss

Akshara woke up early the next morning stepping inside the temple for the first time in years, clad in a red salwar kameez. When everything had happened, she had somewhere lost her faith. For years, she had wondered why things had happened the way that they had.

But now she was turning a new leaf.

And she had someone to pray for.

Her Abhi.

She offered the gods and goddesses the plate of fruit, rice, and nuts she had prepared.

"Kanha ji... I am not here to ask for anything for myself today...I am asking for only one person who has a heart of gold and has suffered innocently in this game.. no matter what happens today, please keep my Abhi happy. Please give him whatever his heart seeks... and all the joys in the world" she whispered tears dripping down her face.

***

Abhimanyu stood in front of the mirror getting dressed for the day. He was putting on a white button-down that he knew she adored after he had ensured he had put on his necklace around his neck.

Staring at the scratch marks on his pecs, he chuckled in pride, she loved with her whole heart. He knew it.

And his heart soared because he knew she was only his.

Glancing at her text from last night, he let out a small nervous smile.

The time had finally come.

Would she tell him everything?

He had been patient.

Letting her take her own time.

And the day had finally arrived.

He had his own surprises to tell her. And he did not know how she would react, biting his lip in guilt.

Perhaps he should have been honest from the start.

But he would see her.

And finally, things would progress.

The future seemed so bright.

But then why did he feel so at unease?

***

Akshara stepped out of her car, her steps hurrying out of her seat. A weird restlessness had settled over her on the way. She wanted to be in front of him as soon as possible.

In his arms.

Telling him the truth.

She remembered his warm sunshine eyes. And warmth settled over her, calming her down instantly.

She started walking to his office, a noticeable swing in her steps.

Knocking on the door, she didn't wait for a response as she simply barged in.

She had to see him.

But when she got there, her breath hitched in her throat. The swing in her steps stopped immediately as she took in the scenes in front of her immediately.

A second.

That's all it took.

For her world to turn upside down.

Immediately.

Horrified, she stood as Mahima Birla stood there with a set of papers that Akshara identified straight away.

The leak.

The documents related to the leak.

And the ones she had signed by Abhimanyu the other night.

The one that made her a trust member and gave her access to all his private documents and financial records.

Abhimanyu was gazing down at the documents, his jaw dropped and his eyes widened in shock.

"A-Abhi" Akshara trembled.

The two turned around straight away.

"Here she is- the little rat!" Mahima sighed in disgust, "how dare you even come here? I knew there was something odd about you from the day that I laid my eyes on you.."

But Akshara's gaze didn't avert from her Abhimanyu. He stood still as if he was in shock, processing what was happening before him.

His eyes were red as tears pooled.

Hurt.

Pain.

Disappointment.

Heartbreak.

All flashing through his eyes.

No no.

Abhi.

"Abhi-" Akshara began crying, "please - please you have to listen to me"

"Don't listen to a word of her lies Abhimanyu!" Mahima reprimanded, "thank god, I had kept my eye on her, or else we would have all been doomed"

Akshara broke down slowly as Abhimanyu avoided looking at her.

Her knees collapsed as she broke down on the floor.

"Abhi... please" she insisted.

He had to believe her.

He had to.

This is what she feared most.

All her nightmares coming true.

"SECURITY please come and get her...you should be disgusted" Mahima yelled out "you are lucky that we are not pressing charges" she threatened.

"Abhi, please... I want to stay with you Abhi, please... I will explain everything" Akshara babbled as she saw his eyes frozen over the documents that lay in front of him.

He didn't say anything.

Seconds passed.

Tick tock.

And then the security came.

Sighing, his eyes red hot with tears.

He took a deep breath.

And finally, he spoke - his voice cracking.

"I told you not to break my trust... you could do anything Akshara, ruin me completely" he whispered his voice cold and distant, he was broken, "but don't break my trust.. all my trust... I gave it to you - I- I was willing to do anything for you, anything, my entire heart... I gave it to you... and you just - you... you-"

Akshara cried, "Abhi I-"

"You should go" he interrupted, wiping his tears and taking in a deep breath, "I don't want to see you again" he turned around facing her, eyes stone cold.

"You have completely broken me Akshara...." he whispered, his voice shaking and his entire body consumed in pain.

The locket beneath his shirt shined, as she looked at it, crying her heart out.

And just like that.

She had lost him too.

I know you are all going to be SUPER angry at me. BUT I am not DKP so have some trust and just know that this was completely necessary!! Also, I am not an angst writer  (you will know if you have read Forever Love) so don't worry because the next few chapters, I know you will LOVE.

What do you think has happened? Let me know

As always, expect the unexpected!

And for a speedy update, leave your comments <3

N x