One Minute

The next day had been busy for the whole team. They had some strategy planning-based meetings in the morning followed by a team hike in the afternoon.

Akshara had spent her morning circulating around as many meetings as possible, scribbling away notes. She wasn't sure when what may come in handy so it was important to her to do her best at keeping track of everything.

After the team hike, they all had lunch and then had some free time. A group of people had left to go explore Goa and Abhimanyu had kindly arranged a shuttle for them.

Akshara on the other hand had chosen to remain in the hotel, sitting quietly in the hotel's reading window nook, sitting with her legs parched up and her nose deep in the book she had chosen. Her guava juice sat next to her as she did her best to switch off.

The quietness was only short-lived though as she felt a shrieking noise of a girl interrupt her.

"Akshara!" Tara, a girl that worked at her office yelled.

Akshara lifted her head from her book and noted that Tara was in her gym wear, clearly, she had opted to go the gym than on the group trip to explore Goa.

"Hello" Akshara smiled politely.

"I just came back from the gym and saw that you were sitting here.. are you also getting ready for the club early?" Tara asked excitedly wiping away the sweat on her forehead with her towel and bending down to tie her shoelaces.

Akshara scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Club?" she asked curiously.

"Oh come on, I am sure you know that we are all going clubbing tonight.. we were discussing it at the end of lunch," Tara said gently.

"Oh no, I left lunch early" Akshara nodded gently, "anyways it's not really my thing"

"Hmmm... I would come if I was you, Abhimanyu sir will be there... and he'll look bloody hot too" Tara winked, and then she disappeared, leaving Akshara to her thoughts.

***

Abhimanyu Birla was a man of strong principles. He didn't believe in ever mixing his personal life with work. More than anything, he kept to himself. Even in his party days, he was minimally involved with the clubbing scene. He more so believed in committing to a set daily routine and focusing on his work.

So why then had he agreed to come to the club?

It was so unlike him.

He closed his eyes and ran his hands through his tousled hair, frustrated.

He knew why.

It was the same reason he'd agreed to come to this retreat. He normally did not attend the Birla Enterprises retreat. But this year he couldn't keep himself away.

It was because of her.

That girl.

Akshara.

He couldn't keep thoughts of her away from his mind. Ever since seeing her in the office, every little thing about her bothered him. She didn't ask for any of it, but he'd be willing to drop down onto his knees to bring a smile to her face.

Noticing her stressed and worried last week had evoked chaos in his world, how else had the retreat been moved so far forward? It was because he felt she needed a break and he wanted her nearby. Somewhere where he could see her at least once every day and appreciate her smile. Make sure she was okay.

He didn't know what had gotten into him.

But whatever it was, he had it bad.

And right now, madam was nowhere to be seen.