05 | double date

Giselle "G" Rowe
Thursday, September 22 | 1:23 p.m.
The Rowe Residence

-

"I feel bad for Ebony, man. She made good money that night. Ouch!" Nadirah sucks her teeth and glares down at me. "Can you be more careful? Folks gone think that I'm depressed if they see all these lil' pricks!"

"Quit movin' so much maybe you wouldn't get stuck! But yeah, it is unfortunate. She got her money took and her girl."

"Alright now, don't let Cree hear you callin' her that." Nadirah giggles before straightening her posture at my command and sucking her teeth again. "Just as I was settlin' in there, this shit happen! Hopefully my new club treat me better. I can't be scared of gettin' robbed or kidnapped or worse while I'm just tryna make this ass clap."

"I know that's right." I agree, balancing the needle between my lips as I tie a few of the long strings on the back of the garment.

Unfortunately, Ebony was not the only dancer to get robbed that night, even some customers got got. Apparently, Fuego is known for cutting the lights every couple of weeks and stealing from unsuspecting people and even worse, it's not the only establishment that does it either.

Lame as fuck.

I'm happy that Nadirah got lucky, but I'm sad for everyone else. You never know how much people actually needed that cash.

"Why not just get a regular job, Nadi?" Lira doesn't even look up at us as her thumbs rapidly swipe against her phone screen. She's laying sideways on my bed with her hair thrown into a bun. "Seems like that would be a better solution."

"Because I'm not a regular bitch, Lira. Mind your own!"

"Whatever." Lira just sighs. "Which club though?"

"Pink Whiskey. Ouch, Giselle!"

"My bad, my bad! It's coming out good!" I stitch the last bit of fabric together, making sure it's tight enough around her waist and stand back to look everything over. It's a hot pink leotard with a plunging neckline and a zig zag type of design in the back. A similar one is laying across my desk in a beautiful metallic shade of silver. "Pink Whiskey? That's mainly a white club, ain't it?"

"Yeah, I'ma prolly be one of the only black girls there but that won't be super new to me. I mean, I was almost the only chocolate drop at Fuego. Plus, that's where the actual millionaires like to go. No more struggling rappers and raggedy ass thieves. We doing politicians and stock brokers now."

"Millionaires?" Lira looks up at us finally, cocking her head to the side and resting her hand on her thigh.

"Yeah, girl. If you thought I was making cash at Fuego, then yeen seen nothing yet. This girl in one of my classes, Jenny, started working there and she lives in a luxury apartment now."

"Oh yeah that's gone be you fasho." I beam, taking the needle from between my lips and placing it on my desk. "Okay, I'm done."

Nadirah walks over the mirror that hangs over my dresser and cheeses, turning around and bending over to see all angles.

"You did yo' thang for real, G. Thank you!"

"You're welcome! It looks so good on you."

She backs up to see more of her full body and shakes her thighs, sending ripples through her asscheeks. "Oh I can definitely move in this. I'll ignore how many times you stabbed me wit' that lil needle since you did so well."