19 | cutting ties

Giselle "G" Rowe
Friday, November 25 | 11:09 p.m.
Starlight — Strip Club & Lounge

-

"6 inch heels, she walked in the club like nobody's business. Goddamn, she murdered everybody and I was her witness."

Red lights bounce around the club erratically and the dancer on stage spins around the pole with grace, her tone legs doing the majority of the work.

"She's stacking money, money, everywhere she goes. Pesos out of Mexico." She clacks her heels to the beat, earning more than a few bills thrown in her direction.

Arms looped together, Nadirah and I weave our way through the crowd and into the section. Cree pulls from the hookah pen while Lira shoots a fake smile towards a desperate suitor.

"Babygirl, anything you got going on, I can match it!" He pleads, staring at her exposed cleavage. "I just gotta get back on my feet first."

"No thanks, darlin', but I am flattered." Her tone is so sickeningly sweet that anybody who isn't thinking with their dick could see right through it. Unfortunately, dude with the overgrown cornrows isn't one of them.

"Fine time for y'all to show up." Cree exhales smokes, a grin tugging at the corners of her mouth. The new diamonds added to her teeth twinkle underneath the bouncing lights.

"Parking was crazy." Nadi shrugs, plopping down across from the two of them, taking me with her.

"That's why you oughta bring yo' ass on time." Cree shakes her freshly twisted hair as it falls onto her face. "Wassup, G? I like the fit."

"Thanks, Cree. I —"

"Let me guess." Lira interrupts, running a hand through her straightened hair. "You made it yourself."

"Yeah, I was finna say that...bitch." I cup my breasts and push them up before letting them drop, striking a few more poses to sell it more. "What do y'all think?"

They all rake their eyes over the emerald green bodysuit in unison. The high ponytail, fresh acrylics and golden bamboo earrings to tie the look all together.

"I love it!" Nadi beams, taking a sip of her lemon drop. "One of the most talented people I know."

"Yeah, I gotta give it to ya. You look bad as fuck." Cree nods, taking another pull from the hookah pen. "I'ma send some cash for you to make somethin' for my shawty."

"I'on know, the color a little too dark, but yo' waist snatched." Lira adds, eyeing me closely.

"Thanks for the feedback, y'all. I appreciate it." I cut my eyes over to Lira. "I think."

She doesn't respond, already busy accepting sleazy compliments from yet another leering man. This one seems more her speed though — designer clothing, a fresh lineup, and face tattoos.

"I'll be right back." Lira stands, pulling her dress down before taking his hand.

The three of us fall into discussing about everything and nothing in particular all at the same, just enjoying each others company since we don't link up like we used to in our teenage years.

"Semaj thought he was tough, huh?" Cree laughs over the music, clapping her hands softly. "You better than me 'cause I woulda told ole boy to bitch slap him in front of everybody!"

"Girl, because you like mess!" I cackle. "I don't wanna be banned from there, how I'm suppose to play air hockey?"

"Pshh have yo' nigga buy you a air hockey table!" Nadi rubs her lips together, evenly dispersing her freshly applied gloss. "A token of his love."