14 | just focus

Giselle "G" Rowe
Saturday, October 29 | 11:42 a.m.
Crystal Lake Condominiums

-

The faint aroma of cologne and fresh paint greets my nose before I've even fully opened my eyes. I'm laying on a plush mattress while the sun shines obnoxiously through my eyelids and the the sheet that I've placed over my head. A quick stretch of my legs and my arms reveal that I am alone in bed.

I pull the covers down slightly and take in my surroundings. The black and white decor, the empty but tidy room, and the shirt that I'm wearing is a quick reminder of where I am. Suddenly, everything from last night comes flooding back into my mind.

The apple martinis. The tears that I kept at bay. Niko. Dexter's surprisingly good performance. June sucking my titties.

My stomach flutters at the last thought.

Where is he now?

"June?" I call, a little raspiness to my throat, as I completely slide off the bed and enter the living room. The giant shirt falls just above my knees.

No response. I guess I'm here alone.

I head back into the bedroom to grab my phone before deciding to go brush my teeth in the master bathroom. Luckily, there are brand new toothbrushes below the sink. I hit the power button and the screen lights up, showcasing multiple missed calls and texts from my parents. Without a second thought, I call my mom back, wetting the toothbrush under the strong stream of water.

"Girl, I was just gettin' ready to file a missing person's report. Where the hell you at?"

"A friend's house, ma. My bad, I fell asleep before I could text you. I'm coming back today though."

She hums and I can just imagine her rolling her eyes on the other line. "Next time, don't have your parents worried to death. Say something before you even leave the house."

"I swear they gone be the death of us." My dad chimes in exasperatedly from the background and I shake my head. "Both of 'em!"

"Okay, love y'all. Bye."

My mom fusses a little bit more before hanging up the phone and I sigh, scrubbing my teeth and washing my face. Deciding that that isn't enough, I hop in the shower, opening a new bar of Dove original soap.

The best scent.

As I rinse my body, flashbacks of last night hit me over and over again, stirring up the lustful emotions that I always try to keep hidden. The same question echos in my mind as well.

Why did he stop?

I'm no fool. It was clear as day that June's body language shifted almost instantly. Even though I could still feel him growing beneath me, he became more gentle and ultimately, put an end to what we had started without even uttering a word about it. I think the craziest part of it all though, is that is only makes me want him more.

Men aren't totally desperate for it excite me.

A rarity.

I dry off, throwing on just the large t-shirt again and heading back into the living room.

"Aight, cool. Just call me back when you know sumthin." June is standing in the kitchen now with a brown paper bag in his hand, phone pressed to his ear and his back to me since he's just shut the front door. Dressed simply in a sweatsuit, one gold chain, and his durag under his hoodie, his face looks well rested and moisturized.