16 | artsy sh!t

Giselle "G" Rowe
Saturday, November 12 | 2:39 p.m.
Different Strokes - Art Gallery

-

"Chin down some, yeah." I angle the phone to capture a few full body shots of Nadirah before taking two steps forward to get close ups.

She's wearing a burgundy dress that sweeps the floor and the highlight brushed onto her mahogany toned skin compliments the large golden encased portrait behind her. A couple of men slow their stride to compliment the beautiful woman posing in front of them and she of course, gives them a smug smile, used to go it.

They direct a brief nod my way, sweeping over my denim covered bottom and exposed cleavage greedily before flickering their gaze back to my face. I let Nadi do my makeup today. It looks good, albeit a lot heavier than I'm used to. The thick line of black ink applied to my waterline seems to be calling more attention to me, just as she had warned that it would. Bedroom eyes. That's how big mama would describe them.

I was a little disappointed in myself for not finishing the emerald green bodysuit that I've been working on because I wanted to show it off today, but I keep reminding myself that this was a last minute invite and that good things take time. I have to prioritize quality, always.

I'm just so excited over how much this garment will progress things for me. The fabric is rich in pigment and thick enough for the upcoming winter. The cut is sexy without revealing too much skin and the design is simple yet, detailed. It's all so perfect. On my body, it would've blended in with the rest of this artsy shit.

Deep green on brown skin with gold accessories.

Whew!

I've already been in contact with various vendors, scheduling meetings here and there to test out the grade of their work and I've been super immersed with reviewing different website layouts, ready for any bit of good news or increase in orders. I'm making things happen.

Nadi turns around and I snap photos of her backside, making sure to accentuate her ass in half of the shots by lowering the phone a bit.

"Okay, let me see!" She smiles, rushing over to scroll through her gallery. "Damn, G. You took over 200!"

"You wanted options, didn't you?"

"Giselle," Niko steps away from a group of artists and saunters over to us, throwing an arm over my shoulder in a firm hug. This cologne is light and slightly overpowered by the air of marijuana circling him. Not bad, but not as exhilarating as — well. "I'm so glad that you could make it."

"Hey, thanks for the invite. This is my best friend, Nadirah."

"Mack's shorty, I'm already knowin'." He chuckles, releasing me from his hold and grabbing one of his plaits.

"That's right." Nadi rolls her neck playfully before going back to review her pictures.

"So what do you think so far?" He motions around the room and the three of us slowly walk through the building again, admiring the many works of black artists, new and old, famous or underground, from all around the world.

The pieces range from the most colorful palettes, obviously conveying a specific emotion or image to the most mundane, abstract designs that are muddy and hard to decipher. Somehow, they all have their own appeal and array the otherwise white interior with a story.