chapter 8

Hello? You there hans? I was going to ask if you wanted to grab some ice cream?

The ice cream coloured girl was sporting a very prominent blush on her face which was buried into a pillow.

'did I just ask him out on a date? I can't believe I just did that... should I delete the message? What if he doesn't see me that way?' Her thoughts were interrupted by a buzz from her scroll.

Yes, I'm here. I wouldn't mind getting some ice cream.

Hans günsche was breathing heavily, his coat was off and sweat was dripping down his body.

In front of hans were some simple weaponry. Things like a poorly crafted kitchen knife, a botched sword and a broken bow.

'I can't believe it took this much effort to make these. I've been at this for a few hours. I suppose I didn't get this strong just lazing around... I worked hard.'

Meanwhile, back with neo, she was screaming in joy!

Internally of course.

Needless to say, the girl was absolutely ecstatic. She shot up from her bed and started to search through her closet.

Back with hans, he had grabbed his coat and slung it over his shoulder.

'I wonder, can I make Ice cream with my semblance? Probably with enough practice.'

________________________________________________

I was watching hans train with some ice stuff and watched him suddenly start going somewhere.

'was he training with his semblance? Where's he going now?' I turned to the bathroom where I could hear the shower running.

"weiss! Hans looked at his scroll and now he's going somewhere! What if it's a date?" I yelled to my bestie in the shower.

"you're being paranoid Ruby!" I could somewhat see what she meant but I still had to ask.

"but what if he is?" There was a momentary silence before my bestie spoke up again.

"keep an eye on him! We'll follow him!"

"but isn't that stalking?"

"...we're just making sure he's okay!"

Little did they know of the incredibly difficult task of discretely following the captain.

_________________________________________

"hey blake?" Blake looked up from her book.

"what is it, yang?" She started twirling her hair.

"where are weiss and Ruby?" Her head returned to her book.

"I... don't know." Yang gave her a blank look before shrugging her shoulders.

"eh, they'll be fine."

_________________________________________

I took a swig from my flask as I sat in the bullhead.

"why the would oz just suddenly call me back in the middle of my search? Could it be more *burp* important than my mission?" I looked out of the bullhead and stared at the familiar sight of beacon. The grand Tower high above all... I hate that elevator.

"back to beacon. Wonder how Ruby's doing? Yang too." The bullhead shook as it landed and I lazily walked to old oz's office.

'been a hot minute since I've last been here.' I took another swig from my flask as I entered the elevator where I waited...