chapter 29

"So how are we going to find this Neo?" Were the first words to come from Merlin's mouth.

We sat here in a dingy safe house, the wall's were shabby, the floor was decrepit, and in against the wall was a tattered couch with a white board for planning opposite it.

The roof was caving in.

"Well you see, I know Neo. When she's sad, she does one of two things. Either binge eats, or drinks. But vacuo is too hot for ice cream to be made or kept here. That means she's drinking. Neo will drink any alcohol, but she does have a favourite." Merlin had put it together, just as hans had. Both of them had the same thought.

'We spread rumours that her favourite alcohol is at a certain bar! Then we just wait and see.' As different as the two were in personality, they were both competent individuals.

"What you're both thinking is correct. I've already spread the rumors that the largest bar in vacuo, 'drinks for the parched' has gotten some sturdy Vale wine. This is impossible, but, Neo is a very curious person. We should get going in about an hour, that's when Neo will be active, usually around the hours of 6pm to 3am is when she's active."

"So, we just relax for an hour?"

"Pretty much. I've been running myself ragged, so I'll just take a nap." With that, he left the room.

"So hans, whaddya wanna do?" The bored magus knelt on the couch, her arms resting on hans shoulders as she looked down.

'I, would like to read something.' A devious grin spread across the succubus' face.

"I have just the thing!" Merlin said as she reached into her robes.

"Here!"

_________________________________________

"Hows the entrance, have you seen her yet?" Romans voice came through the walkie talkie, Merlin was holding the receiving one.

"We haven't seen her yet."

"What about Hans?"

'I have not seen her yet.'

"He hasn't seen her either." The device went silent and Merlin just assumed he was sighing.

"Wait... you said, pink and brown hair, right?" Merlin had noticed a small figure, matching the description of Roman's daughter.

"Yes. That's her." Merlin used her magecraft, hiding herself from anyone who could see her in a flurry of petals.

"I've found her. She's heading in now. Get ready Roman."

'Hans, we've found her at the entrance.' Before I could even realise, he was already behind me. He too saw her, the disheveled woman clearly hadn't slept in days.

His face was impassive as usual, but I swear I saw his lip twitch downwards.

She walked into the bar, its name had been shortened to DFTP and that was the sign. There were windows allowing for us to see the rowdy drunks along with Roman inside.

The two of us followed her in, I removed the disguise I had placed on Hans, no need when we're about to just meet someone close to Roman.

Neo sat at the bar, receiving many stares from everyone in the bar. One daring man even walked up behind her, slapping Neo's ass. Before I could even process a response, hans had left the range of my illusion and grabbed the mans arm.

Ice spread across his arm, freezing it solid before Hans shattered it like glass. The man screamed in pain, utter terror in his eyes as he looked at the captain, the civilian scuttled back like a scared crab.