chapter 12

There was a knock at the door. Did I fall asleep? I lazily raised my head from my desk and turned to the door.

The handle turned and Weiss walked in with two cups, one in each hand. The heiress placed one of the two in front of me.

"I didn't know how you liked your coffee, so I've given you the same as Ruby, which is five sugars." I took the cup and looked into it.

'coffee will be necessary to stay awake.' I took the finished mauser and placed it into my coat's shadow. Then, I downed the entire cup.

"thank you, Weiss." The girl nodded her head.

"I wanted to ask, how did you find Ruby's mother?"

________________________________________________

"after getting hit by the Grimm, I lost consciousness. Then I woke up in a desolate wasteland. After resetting my arm, I headed for the castle I saw in the distance. I broke open the door with a shadow soldier and went through the halls until I found summer." Weiss wanted to ask more but she could see that hans was tired, eventually, she decided to leave him alone.

"get some rest hans." He nodded as Weiss left, Slouching ever so slightly before he stood up. Moving over to the window...

'sorry for hiding things.' He pushed open the window before jumping straight out

As the wind massaged his body, his shadow grew and out rose Tier, which he landed on. The captain gripped tightly onto the wyvern,a great flap of its wing shook the nearby trees.

"head to the... forest where I... killed you..." hans pulled the halberd out again and began to funnel his aura.

'this will be the key.'

_________________________________________

Weiss walked back into the room and saw he was gone.

"I'm disappointed that he didn't listen to my advice, but he's a very determined man." Ruby and Summer walked into the room, both were confused.

"Where's hans?" Summer saw the window open and seemed to have a guess.

"I think he jumped out the window." Ruby looked at her with wide eyes.

"is he alive?" Her tone was shaky after last night's events.

"definitely."

_________________________________________

I looked out the window of my office.

And a wyvern flew by. I saw hans günsche on top of the creature with his halberd grasped tightly in his left hand

It flapped its wings and flew back towards the forest of its rebirth. Hans stood to his max height... and saluted me.

Like a soldier.

"he would willingly go back there... even after the injuries he sustained. How willing is he to complete a mission?" Ozpin took a sip of his coffee.

"a martyr complex... maybe. what happened to make you like this?" There was a look of pity on his face. "Even I never reached that low point in any of my reincarnations. The worst I had was becoming a hermit."

_________________________________________

It only took an hour on the wyvern. To arrive that is.

But hans was pale. He needed to rest before fighting the giant.

"hymn of the blazing fire." A deep voice shouted out and Hans's location was bombarded with several explosions.

Hans barely escaped the explosions, hanging from a tree that he leapt to on instinct.