Chapter 43

Salem, Queen of grimm. A mere pretender to the title who held a bit of influence over the familiars. The grimm only recognised one being. And she simply overpowered their will to control them.

Today was the day an immortal would die.

Having launched herself at the throne room, Summer came flying in through the window. The shattered glass nor even nicking her skin in the slightest. Summer just stared at her. Staring deep into those apathetic eyes.

"Summer Rose. So you return. Eager for another torture session I assume?" Standing up from her throne, the porcelain queen looked down at her former prisoner.

"No, I'm here to make sure that you never kill again. For the sake of both my children, and all the children of the world. This wars already taken my daughter's spirit from me... she... might already..." Summer quietened her thoughts. Shaking her head, Summer stared defiantly at Salem.

"Never kill again? And how do you think you'll achieve such a thing? As much as it pains me, I cannot die." Summer flashed her eyes, petrifying everything in sight.

Yet Salem had raised her arm, preventing her head from turning to stone.

"A cute attempt, but you've tried this before. How will you try and beat me this time?" Salem detonated herself, her body just mending itself back together with none of the stone layers around her.

Yet the room was also stone now.

"Curious, have your eyes mutated in the time I haven't seen you?" Summer didn't respond, simply launching one of the two kusarigama into Salems' neck, cleanly decapitating her.

Salem was bored, her face wasn't even fazed.

"What are you even trying to do? You are aware that you can't kill me?" Summer smirked, not that Salem could see that.

"I'm aware. But he can." Momentarily, the false monarch grew confused. For a singular moment, it felt like the god of darkness was present. It all made sense when she saw her body.

There stood the thorn in her side, her heart in his hand covered in darkness. Salem felt his shadows trying to cover her soul.

"Not a chance, youngster." Once again, Salem detonated her body, hoping the resultant explosion would've at least harmed him.

Unfortunately, she was not so lucky. There he stood, his coat sewing itself back together. Completely unfazed bit doused in her own blood, Salems body started to reform from the pooling blood.

"How fun, I finally get to remove the pest." Salem raised her hand, a blast of magic spurring forth. Hans covered himself in darkness, using his arms as a shield from the magic.

The blast had torn his arms apart, flesh and muscle parted to reveal bone. Yet it started to pull itself back together, aided by the shadows, Hans body stitched itself together with an inhuman level of precision.

"Is she alright?" Hans didn't know how to respond, but Summer knew all she needed from that response. "Get ready." The captain nodded, Lowering his stance.

Summer ran into a full sprint at the Queen, leaping into a dropkick. And with the loss of humanity came immense strength. Strength to easily blow a normal person's body apart with a strike.

And Summer flew through the queen's torso. Her corpse aiming a hand at her. Yet a distortion occurred, their places had swapped.

Now, Hans was on the other side, Summer knew he could react in time. All that's left was for him to kill Salem.

Grabbing the Queen by the throat, it wouldn't even take a second for shadows to cover her soul.

If she were a normal person.