chapter 35

Hmm. So... the redhead is Adam taurus? That name sounds familiar... but I can't remember where from.

"Ruby. I'd advise you keep your guard up, he's the one who assisted in the attack on beacon. He's the leader of the white fangs Vale Branch." Oh...

"I think... I might enjoy this a bit." Mr Taurus scowled, dashing straight at me, unsheathing his blade in the same motion. His sword was beaming red, oh...

"An dust infused blade? The crafter must be a skilled one. I always wanted to try that with crescent rose. But i never got around to it." I barely dodged under the blade by leaning backwards, quickly, he reached for his sheath, but I'd already grabbed him by then.

Firmly grasping his shoulder, I used a burst of my semblance to rocket my knee into his jaw. His head knocked backwards and I planted both my legs on his chest before kicking straight off of him.

"Now your head should be spinning. Just like mine is from the alcohol." I calmly said while unscrewing the flask again.

_________________________________________

Truly... she might end up a drunkard just like Qrow Branwen.

I hope it doesn't come to that.

"Can you truly afford to be distracted when fighting against me?" Our blades clashed against one another, again I blocked with one hand.

"Yes, I can." Grabbing Ravens' shoulder, I pulled my head back and...

The melodic crunch of forehead meeting forehead, greeted our ears with delight.

"Oh? So you do know how to fight. Your first strike was quite amateurish. Leaping in recklessly with that pride of yours." There were no injuries due to our aura, but regardless.

I will keep fighting.

"Why do you fight, Branwen? Your own brothers' flesh and blood is right next to you, yet you continue your fight. Why?" The grin on my face didn't move, yet she seemed to contemplate and as she was about to swallow a lump in her throat.

I punched her in the throat and she fell to her knees.

"You need only answer my question. No dancing around it, no lies. Just, answer." Raven Branwen looked up to me, flaming hatred in her eyes.

"I need to know... whether my ideal is correct." Unbelievable... she would abandon her family... for ideals? For Ideals?! I stabbed myrtenaster into the ground, gripping the womans hair.

"Lessons must be taught. You do not..." three acceleration glyphs appeared under Ravens' chin, and her panicked eyes could guess what they did. Frantically, she reached for her sword but... "FIGHT FOR IDEALS!" My knee broke both her aura and from what I could feel, lightly cracked her jawbone.

"What good will ideals do you? Tell me, how can you value your ideals over your daughter? Your niece? Your own husband?" I full well knew I wasn't getting an answer.

"The strong live... the weak... die-" I stomped my heel into her hand, piercing it, a clean hole through that elicited a tearful scream of pain.

"You... miserable bitch. You had a family, one that dearly loved and cared for you. And you go and throw it away all for your shitty ideal. I will answer the question that your ideal is. We, are not animals. We, have free will. We, make our own choices. We, are not slaves' to our baser instincts." My foot struck her chin again after being pulled from her hand.

"I despise someone like you... taking your family for granted." Raising my heel high, I struck down on the back of her head and blood began to pool.

"I may have gone slightly overboard." The giggling of a mature woman caught my attention.