Chapter 44

Neo was unpleased. She was in the middle of her fun, when a dragon wing swept through the castle and took her away.

She wasn't done yet! Not even a quarter!

But all she could do now was pout. At least she got the railgun.

She did have a good view, wait... why was Hans in Summers arms? That irked her...

Carefully, Neo climbed the dragon, up its scales and towards the head. Each of its black scales were sturdy, and firmly implanted, yet Neo felt she had to be careful. Her arms felt like they might rip off the scales if she pulled too hard.

'It seems they won... but from my quick glance, Hans doesn't look too good.' Almost there, Neo glanced down, staring at the horrific drop. Something about it seemed so serene...

Being high up like this was euphoric, in a strange way, she felt everything was over. All of it was at peace.

But that was only a lie she told herself...

As nice as it would be, conflict will remain. It won't ever part from humanity. It was simply in their nature. Humanity would never be truly united, there was no clear, moral way of uniting the world.

Finally I'd made my way up, and I felt like I was going to pop a blood vessel for a moment. Until I saw her face, such a sad smile on her face. His head in her lap, stroking his hair. Despite such a tender scene, the mother was the most miserable I'd ever seen.

"If only I'd met a man like you... I could've lived happily with you and Ruby. Congratulations... you stole my heart..." Neo couldn't believe it... some part of her was jealous, yet more of her was happy at the prospect.

But another part of her was worried... what if he didn't want a harem? What if he vehemently refused? Hans was no cold man, but even a normal man would be perplexed at such an unnatural situation.

I... Guess I'll just have to take it up with him.

'You too...' the sign appeared in front of her, Summers head snapped to me, redder than a tomato.

"I... I...I..." I just held my finger up to her lips.

'I don't mind, but its up to him.' She read the card in my hand, a conflicted expression on her face.

"I... don't want to get in between you two." I shook my head.

'And I'd rather not crush your feelings under my heel, as selfish as I can be at times. I'm not one for crushing feelings.' Umbrella in hand, I almost popped it open out of habit.

"I... alright." And from that point on, we were silent. I stood as she cradled my lover. All the jealousy was gone as I saw how adorable he looked like that.

Let's get a picture.

_________________________________________

Ozpin crushed the head of a grimm, looking to the side, he noticed the panting soldiers, the exhausted students, the wounded huntsmen.

All of it, was worth it. Finally, the grimm pools were gone, Salem was gone, so long as the relics weren't united, everything would be fine. Everything could continue in peace.

"Seems that he's on his way back." Ozpin looked to where the Atlas specialist in Training was staring, a massive dragon.

Yet its colour scheme gave away the owner. Ozpin braced himself, the ground shaking upon the great dragons landing. The earth shattering to make way for its might and majesty.

Summer slid down the dragon, and Ozpin didn't know how to feel. Her presence along with Hans confirmed that they'd won. Yet, the woman he had loved so dearly is now gone as well.