chapter 13

Where am I?

I remember defeating the Grimm... then... then what? My head feels fuzzy.

I'm the captain, hans günsche. I'm... how old am I again? 155...

I pushed myself up off the ground... the snow crunched under my hands.

Wait... snow? I got up as fast as I could.

I looked around in a panic.

This forest... its where... where... lina died.

"it's been a long time..." I turned to the familiar voice in horror.

There stood a white-haired man, he stood only at 6ft 5 but still... why him!?

"shy are you, my son." There stood my father, otto günsche. His arms were spread out, as if he was waiting for a hug.

"father..." that was all I could say... after what I... I... did...

Before I could react, he pulled me into a hug. I was about to push him away but...

"shhhh. It is alright my son, I don't blame you." I froze, how could he not blame me?! I... I... murdered him. I watched as he struggled for air, as the life left his eyes.

"Welcome to the afterlife. I'm afraid though, you cannot stay." I looked at my legs and saw that they were fading. "Also, before you go, I'm not mad about the coat." He had a kind smile as I faded.

"take care of yourself, my son."

_________________________________________

All that was left was Hans's head and that was gone in a second.

"the Kings' heart still beats within you, my son. I've always hated the way you lived. You never went off on your own, carved your own path. You just followed someone else. Me... lina... the major. You were never independent. I'm thankful to those girls. But... a horrible enemy awaits you, my son."

The snow began to fall once more and Erika appeared.

"you spoke with him, didn't you?" Otto nodded. "I'm... I'm at least glad that he's got people who care for him. But..." otto cut her off, aware of her concerns.

"yes, it sadly seems as though he no longer cares for his own life." Erika folded her arms, accentuating her breasts.

"I... I just hope he can save her..." otto nodded in agreement.

The duo noticed that they were fading.

"seems that our allotted time is up. Isn't that right, wizard?" Otto turned behind him and made eye contact with the old man.

"hey, I'm not old! I'm fairly young for a dead apostle!" The man had a grin on his face. "But yes, I'll have to send you back now." The old man's face turned serious. "I hope you survive, young man."

_________________________________________

I shot up in a panic. I grabbed the man in front of me by the throat and steadied my breathing. Where was I? Not on the ground it would seem.

"Roman... torchwick..." The man struggling on my arm was none other than roman torchwick. Why was he anywhere near that forest? Why would he pull me in here?

I looked around and I confirmed I definitely wasn't on the ground, but in an airborne bullhead.

"it's... Nice to... see you up... and about!" He struggled out, the pressure on his neck a bit too hard on his voice before someone came running from the cockpit.

"Neo..." Upon seeing what I was doing, she formed her arms into an X. Stop? Why...

I hesitantly let go of him, Neo can be trusted... maybe...