chapter 34

A massive brute.

That was the easiest way to describe what I saw in front of me. With hush in my hands, and the ability it holds.

My confidence was no greater.

It wasn't as tall as Hans, but his muscle mass was easily greater from what I could see.

So long as I had this umbre-

BANG

I... shit... my fucking hand! I didn't even have time to look where the bullet came from before the mountain of muscle leapt at me. I didn't need my umbrella to predict that.

I leapt back, quite a fair distance. Something... something feels different.

'Don't ponder. Jump to the left.'  There was his voice, and I followed his suggestion.

'Mix in some physical illusions, throw him off his game. To kill these things, you need a decisive blow either to the brain or heart.' It wasn't exactly true, but, better safe than sorry. The girl did as told, making several physical illusions that he leapt to, each shattering upon impact. This wasn't too hard.

The only issue was the bullet hole in her hand.

That prevented any chance at a decisive blow.

'There's a slight chance it lacks regeneration. Use a physical illusion, draw it towards you, then strike at it's spinal cord, just above its belt.' Again, I was preparing to follow orders, but saw a piece of ice dust Stab straight into it's shoulder.

It roared in pain, twitching and jittering, but again leapt at the illusion in front of me. I moved to his side, and swung my right heel directly at his spine.

The crunch I heard was sickening. Something... why do I feel so off about this situation.

Another series of crunches followed, and the creature stood straight back up.

There was one thought in both of our heads.

'shit...'

_________________________________________

"1st lieutenant schnee! You've received orders from general ironwood! You are to check on the bullhead headed this way under the orders of Ozpin. A storm of grimm is on its way here." That was all i needed to hear.

"Inform Ruby Rose and her compatriots that i will be gone, and coming back with a surprise." My subordinate was puzzled but, ran off to do as I asked.

I'm coming for you, Hans!

_________________________________________

I've... sensed more and more magic coming from Salem. I... fear for all of your safeties.

I don't think my mind can take another reincarnation.

This... is our final attempt.

_________________________________________

Ah...

Ha... ha...

I... I'm buried in a fucking wall.

I don't know how... but I blocked the punch. I managed to raise my arm in time... just in time to save my life. He shattered my aura... with just one punch...

'Neo. I'm not sure you can win this one. And... that's fine. If we die, we die together.' That tone... that sad, resigned tone. No. Never. She would not let him speak like that.

She never wanted to hear him be so sad.

And so... her resolve, her love, and her determination.

Something changed.